No announcement yet.

Battlefield 2, Best Game Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah. Boring. Tried the demo, but didn't really convince me. It doesn't catch a WWII enthusiast like me, so that's why I stick with Forgotten Hope for BF1942. Sure BF2 is great in terms of a new engine and it will be a good platform for large and detailed maps mods like Forgotten Hope have. However in terms of gameplay and such, it doesn't get me keen to buy the full version. Eventually I will however buy it for Forgotten Hope 2, but that too only for the sake of the mod.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

As for being in a multiplayer team/clan, I can speak for myself that I have been in an active one. Back with Medal of Honor Allied Assault the clan I was in was among the best in several leagues. It was indeed very time consuming, despite I wasn't in the group of key players, but more an technical assistant and minor player. You need to show up for matches, be committed to show sportsmanship, be nice, get to know the others and do the homework in terms of gameplay (ie. practice on your own and scrimmages). I'm not keen to return to that kind of quite intensive clan activities, despite I wasn't really a key player. However in a smaller team/clan you need to do more and actually be active, as otherwise any league matches are forfeit.

If you really like a game, have spare time regularly, get along with people, don't cheat and act mature and know it's just a game, then I would say it's okay to join a clan/team. However if you're not, I really don't suggest doing so. It's just going to be puppy love.

I and two others are nowadays into every now and then play the combination BF1942 + FH as an unofficial team. We do it purely as entertainment and don't do matches and all the other clan stuff. We do use voice communications to make it more fun and to have easier communicating, but other than that, only the name tags reveal we're co-operating as a team.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I do kinda miss dm survival games from Rogue spear days, a bunch of players all fighting each other, camping under stairways and atop crates, hidden in rafters..ahhhh to be young again
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I still want an option to scream, "INCOMING!!!" to your teammates, I see too many guys standing around once the artillery starts coming in.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Yes, you install teamspeak2, then shout INCOMING at your friends when you need to.

Comment

Teamspeak
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I have noticed that players have discovered the "I'm going to jump like a rabbit into the air and then roll on the ground while simultaneously shooting with Clint Eastwood-like accuracy," manuever.

I know this is a fantasy game, but it makes the game less fun when the movement is THAT exaggerated, I mean, this isn't Unreal Tournament.

I'm sure that move is taught at US Marine Basic Training.
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

People will always learn tricks to move better - it's part of the skill in a FPS.

Comment

Bunnyhoping is pathetic.

Jumping once or twice - without being able to shoot is ok - but not this.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Just learn to do it, then you can laugh at those who cant.

Comment

Great airship play with right Joystick

I found the keyboard/mouse deal uncomfortable with me huge mitts, so I went to Circuit City and got this Jewel,

SAITEK X45

Love the game play
                        Attached Files

Comment

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Re: Great airship play with right Joystick

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                            I found the keyboard/mouse deal uncomfortable with me huge mitts, so I went to Circuit City and got this Jewel,

SAITEK X45

Love the game play
                            Is that exclusively for piloting aircraft? Is that positioned so you can easily switch back to the keyboard/mouse for running and shooting?

Comment

Re: Re: Great airship play with right Joystick

Originally posted by Verto

Is that exclusively for piloting aircraft? Is that positioned so you can easily switch back to the keyboard/mouse for running and shooting?
                              As you can see in this screenie, go to OPTIONS>>CONTROLS>>

Then select what you want to use with the controler.

All you do is click on the command then press one of the many buttons on either unit and then when done hit APPLY

You will need to tweak for your individual taste of course

Hope this helps

Gramps
                              Attached Files

Comment

So does the Saitek work? I don't think it worked for BF1942.

Comment

Working...
                                X