No announcement yet.

Battlefield 2, Best Game Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, the server browser, though, is seriously fubared on this game.

Those clans are tricky business. Yes, if you join one, you will probably have more fun, as there will be teamwork, skill improvement and whatnot. But, the problem is, you need to be dedicated for it or you'll be kicked out anyway. You need probably to attend regular training sessions, be there for ladder matches, etc. If you're a rather casual gamer and play when you have time to spare, you might find that is not exactly for you.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

But casual gamers should play the Sims or something.

Comment

So you mean to say you have the time and dedication for weekly trainings, ladder matches and whatnot ?

Comment

Yes, for one game. Unfortunately right now that game is Guild Wars. In a few months, who can say.

Comment

In a few months, it better be Civ4 for you .

Comment

Join a less hardcore Clan then?
              Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

cant get it to work, it says about a dll missing...
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I await the day a superior version of this game is made available to the world via Xbox 360.

Comment

I've finally installed the game... it does work, runs smoothly on everything on medium details, so it runs much much much much much much better than BF1942

The graphics does fail often, but I'll try to install some newer drivers and see if that fixes the problem...

The controls are annoying though, in many cases I can't set a key to do what I want it to do, it keeps saying that the key is already in use, but it's not
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I am having a hoot flying the chopter and various airplanes, I had to do a lot of practice by using a local server on MP and actually launching and playing by myself setting the respawn to -0- so when I crash I just xome right back to life

awesome game is all I can say
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

New info from the same source I quoted in a post above (www.di.se/nyheter):

"EA and Digital Illusions Announce Development of Battlefield 2: Special Forces Expansion Pack; Award-Winning Battlefield 2 for the PC Expands to Include Covert Ops
                        Get ready for all out war with special forces ... Electronic Arts (Nasdaq:ERTS) and Digital Illusions today announced that development is underway on the expansion pack for the award-winning Battlefield 2(TM) PC game. Powered by the Battlefield 2 game engine, Battlefield 2: Special Forces(TM) brings the intensity and excitement of its predecessors into the realm of covert ops with the latest, most technologically advanced vehicles and weapons systems available to man.

In Battlefield 2: Special Forces, players will choose to fight as one of 6 different Special Forces soldiers -- Navy SEALs, British SAS, Russian Spetznas, MEC Special Forces, Rebel groups and insurgents. Armed with the latest Special Forces weaponry, players can take control of any of the game´s 10 new vehicles to engage in major conflicts with up to 64 players. Additionally, persistent character growth allows players to continue to rise through the ranks.

Battlefield 2: Special Forces takes the intensity and quality of Battlefield 2 behind the scenes of news headlines, showcasing the most elite and deadly forces in the modern military world. Using accurate Special Forces weapons, gadgets, and vehicles, these covert armies battle to control key military and strategic locations.

Developed by Digital Illusions Canada, Battlefield 2: Special Forces will be available fall 2005 for the PC. Battlefield 2: Special Forces requires Battlefield 2 in order to play. For more information about Battlefield 2: Special Forces or any other title in the Battlefield franchise, please visit http://battlefield.ea.com or our press web site at http://info.ea.com"

Carolus

Comment

Yeah its pretty amazing, especially on 64 player maps

EDIT: Expansion pack so soon!?

sounds cool though..

so, what about clan apolyton?
                          Last edited by laurentius; July 14, 2005, 13:14.
                          Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius

so, what about clan apolyton?
                            Im down

I am just amazed at the gameplay

Comment

None of you patched, did you? There's some big problems with it, both client and server side. One of the top problem is is a big memory leak. Good to see their programs are already working on an expansion.
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                                None of you patched, did you? There's some big problems with it, both client and server side. One of the top problem is is a big memory leak. Good to see their programs are already working on an expansion.
                                yeah, like no other game ever released pu a patch out before the game was completed 100%

Im down with the game and have had fun and Ill pluck down the duckies for an expansion pack, wont be the worse I ever had

Looking forward

Gramps
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X