Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great airship play with right Joystick

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
    I found the keyboard/mouse deal uncomfortable with me huge mitts, so I went to Circuit City and got this Jewel,

SAITEK X45

Love the game play
    DAMN

Maybe I go get one now.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
      Just learn to do it, then you can laugh at those who cant.
      Well, it makes the game less fun for me. I know it's fantasy, but it takes away the immersion factor of the game when my character or another character is jumping around like a kangaroo on crack.

In other news, I killed every single bunny hopper I came into contact with last night.

Got 2 Silver Stars and a Support Medal for defending our base.

I have to thank our crack medical staff for keeping our squad up in front.
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

A couple of nice features that I like in this version:

a) No more stupid, "ram flimsy little jeep into heavily armored tank and blow it up" suicide manuvers. This time, when the jeep runs into the tank, damage is minimal. Although, the Special Forces guys can still do their suicide bombings.

b) Can duck while using secondary weapon on tanks. In Battlefield 1942, the gunner was always a huge target for infantry, and was very easy to hit, having his whole body exposed. Now being able to duck under the protection of armor is a solid improvement, that makes riding the tank less risky and more fun.

It seems like the LAVs are less powerful versus tanks after the patch? Or is that just my imagination? Seems like a couple of well placed shots from a tank will take them out, but when I played the demo, it seemed like it took 4 or 5, even with a rear hit, were necessary to kill an LAV. I think this is nice, as tanks should be the most dominant vehicle on the map.

The M-16 in single shot mode PWNZ. In 3 shot burst mode, it's bascially useless, at least to me. For close combat I just hit the fire button more rapidly to make up for the lack of fire rate (duh).

Comment

Don't know if it's possible in this game and I consider it an exploit so..:

bind the single shot fire to your mouse wheel, in many games that will give auto-fire effect with single-fire recoil.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by SirOsis
            So does the Saitek work? I don't think it worked for BF1942.
            works like a champ

I really love it where you can assign what keys work best for you

Me, I have to turn right / left on the left controller where normally the rudder function is, under where your hand sits for the accelerator and riught the Joystick raises/lowers nose and also simply right/left goes into a roll

its only my second joystick but honestly, I had never seen one like this before and am quite pleased with about 6 hours flight time since yesterday

Gramps
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

The game got 95% by the swedish version of PCGamer... The guy couldn't find anything bad about it, so I don't understand why that's not 100%?

Well, when forced to come up with something he says that the maritime warfare part is somewhat neglected...

Carolus

Comment

Now that I think about it, that part is true.

I don't think you can sink carriers this time. And the only ships are carriers (basically an unwinnable base) and fast boats.

It was fun on Wake Island to move the battleship around and blast the hell out of people, or be the enemy and sink the carrier.

My favorite maps so far are Strike at Karkland, and Sharqi Peninsula.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                  A couple of nice features that I like in this version:

a) No more stupid, "ram flimsy little jeep into heavily armored tank and blow it up" suicide manuvers. This time, when the jeep runs into the tank, damage is minimal. Although, the Special Forces guys can still do their suicide bombings.

b) Can duck while using secondary weapon on tanks. In Battlefield 1942, the gunner was always a huge target for infantry, and was very easy to hit, having his whole body exposed. Now being able to duck under the protection of armor is a solid improvement, that makes riding the tank less risky and more fun.
                  Bah, point A first of all isn't fully true, as it requires the tank already being somewhat damaged. Also vanilla BF1942 is anyway bad in terms of realism, so that's why many vehicles were not proper. Use a mod and see the difference.

Now for point B that's actually partially because in vanilla BF1942 the tanks are WWII era tanks. Indeed you could take some cover, IRL for instance the Sherman has a quite naked top MG. However playing a mod that has the frontal MG solves this issue. It's anyway quite realistic that you can get shot there more easily. Learn some vigilance.
                  "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin

Bah, point A first of all isn't fully true, as it requires the tank already being somewhat damaged. Also vanilla BF1942 is anyway bad in terms of realism, so that's why many vehicles were not proper. Use a mod and see the difference.
                    "Somewhat" being the key point. You can destroy most of the tank with a jeep. In Battlefield 2, the jeep causes very little damage.

Now for point B that's actually partially because in vanilla BF1942 the tanks are WWII era tanks. Indeed you could take some cover, IRL for instance the Sherman has a quite naked top MG. However playing a mod that has the frontal MG solves this issue. It's anyway quite realistic that you can get shot there more easily. Learn some vigilance.
                    While that's true, those tanks also had an armored compartment that you could duck down into, even if there wasn't any frontal armor.

Comment

Battlefield 2, Best Game Ever
                      Made in Sweden. Jag skulle slå till den!

I have played the game for 2 days now, one day single player and one day online. Easy to learn and quite fun. And I didn't get my backside handed to me the first 20-30 rounds, as I normally do on other on-line games. I was among the best scorers on the server I played, both in team-work and kills. But I really hate those artillery attacks! The only thing you can do is run and hide and hope for the best.

A main drawback is that the game is so shallow. When you are used to play games with strategic dimensions, football field sized maps don't feel important. I assume that you need a big squad with voice-com to fully enjoy BF2. I have some friends on my job I can play with (off hours), but I won't meet them for another 3 weeks due to holidays.

WWIIonline has been my first and only game for a year now, but I'm getting fed up on that too. When it is re-released as a retail box later this year, perhaps my interest will regain with all the 1000's of noob targets
                      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker

I swear, somehow there was a player that was wearing my team's uniform but it kept showing his name as being red. So I shot him but still got penalized. This happened several times, and wasn't a mistake. I know in the older Desert Combat mod you could pick up the other team's weapons and you would wear their helmet, so it made it confusing. I never liked that option.

The ironic thing is I hate teamkillers, and I usually play medic, and go out of my way to revive other players when I can, even if I get killed doing it.
                        This happened to me last night, the first time I played online. The 3rd time I team-killed, I was banned from the server

I played medic too, but I could not defibrillate the dude I killed. Anyone knows if you can, or if I just sucked?
                        Last edited by Chemical Ollie; July 22, 2005, 17:15.
                        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by alva

---
                          It's a pity no-one here wants to play America's army.
                          A friend of mine was playing AA for a while. He said an officer was shouting at him in foul language, and he thought "That's some stupid dude on the Net being rude to me for no good reason", so he pulled his rifle and shot the officer in the head. Next thing that happened was that my friend was banned from the game for five days. Some game, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

Made in Sweden.
                            Made in Canada. BF1942 was made in Sweden, but BF2 is from DICE Canada.
                            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin

Made in Canada. BF1942 was made in Sweden, but BF2 is from DICE Canada.
                              Nope, sorry!

The canadian branch of Digital Illusions worked on Battlefield Vietnam, but the big boys (located in Sweden) worked on BF2. At least according to PC Gamer (the swedish version, which could be biased... )...

Carolus

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

A friend of mine was playing AA for a while. He said an officer was shouting at him in foul language, and he thought "That's some stupid dude on the Net being rude to me for no good reason", so he pulled his rifle and shot the officer in the head. Next thing that happened was that my friend was banned from the game for five days. Some game, huh?
                                I'd permaban all team killers even if it was an accident or justified.

Comment

Working...
                                X