Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see.

Comment

• 1.3 is out. Anyone tried it? I haven't played computer games since january, except a few hours of CIV4 and WW2OL. But I feel might try it again, now that I have a new CPU and an 8 Mbit connection.
      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• BF2 never ceases to amaze me. Just about any feature there is in the game, people try to abuse it. Hardly anyone plays BF2 the way it's supposed to be played. I know it's a problem with many online FPS games... but here, it's so to an amazingly high level.

Buggies/jeeps? People jump in and drive away, not picking teammates up. 1.3 vehicle drops? Drom them on rooftops of course. C4 before the 1.2 patch? Was used as a close-range weapon - throw, jump, pull the trigger, blow up an enemy soldier or two. The underbarel M203 grenade launcher? Same. Close range weapon vs. people standing within 2-6 metres from you.

Meh, that's all mighty annoying, I'm telling you. BF2 really is great when it's played how it's supposed to be, which is unfortunately quite a rare event.

I play online FPS games for teamwork, mainly. I can't enjoy any of the deathmatch games, because they're free-for-alls, and team DM seems like a free-for-all with score counting for teams. Objective/control point-based online FPS games are supposed to be about teamwork. But too often, all you see is a bunch of players who play the game all for themselves.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Which is exactly why I don't play disorganised PvP in any form, be it RPG, RTS or FPS.

Comment

• RTS is better in my experience. The amount of people who try to do crap there is far smaller. Maybe because RTS games are mostly played 1 on 1.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
            X