Battlefield 2, Best Game Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sava
    one thing that is annoying about this game is the way the ranks are set up...

I mean, you climb up the ranks pretty quickly... then at 1000 global points you reach lance corporal... then you have to get to 10,000 for the next rank. Effectively, remaining at lance corporal for forever.

I'm at 2454 right now. I just had a great run on... **** I can't remember the name of the map. It's the one where there's a US base in the upper right hand of the map and the rest are Chinese. But China doesn't have a base, all the flags are capturable except the US base. Well anyways, I got into a tank in the beginning and made my way to the US base. I hid behind some trees in my tank and kicked the **** out of anything that came out of the base. The US team sucked really horribly. They didn't capture one flag and we won like 184-0. I was 29-2 in my tank, easily getting a gold star on that map. We had a good commander too. He dropped supplies right where I was so I kept getting repaired and rearmed.

It was major pwnage.

My global stats are pretty good. I've got like 75 wins and 37 losses. My kills are around 975 and my deaths are around 640.

My kill:death ratio in vehicles is sickening. In armor its like 337:27... it's ridiculous!
    ok

so help me

please

in order to unlock weapons, you need to advance one rank?

I saw where a shotgun was available next

so I have to get 1000 global points to get the shotty then an additional 9000 more for the next weapon?
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• well, you don't necessarily get weapons at the same time you rank up... you do unlock a weapon at 1000... the same you rank up to lance corporal.

I don't know when the next unlock is. It's not at 2000 though. Maybe 5000.

I'll search on some BF2 sites and let you know what I find out.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

well, you don't necessarily get weapons at the same time you rank up... you do unlock a weapon at 1000... the same you rank up to lance corporal.

I don't know when the next unlock is. It's not at 2000 though. Maybe 5000.

I'll search on some BF2 sites and let you know what I find out.
        thanks
        I didnt fare welll in my search

Comment

• How do you use the smoke grenades in the tank and APC?

I see those all the time but can't remember how to do it.

Left click is cannon and right click is machine gun. Maybe you have to use the scroll button on the mouse?
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

I saw where a shotgun was available next
            You can choose what weapon you unlock. Most people choose the Anti-tanker's shotgun or the Medic's scoped rifle. I'm curious about the 50 mm sniper rifle, but I haven't heard anyone who tried it.
            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

You can choose what weapon you unlock. Most people choose the Anti-tanker's shotgun or the Medic's scoped rifle. I'm curious about the 50 mm sniper rifle, but I haven't heard anyone who tried it.
              I unlocked the Barrett .50 cal sniper rifle first. It's a great gun. One shot kill most of the time. And you can shoot helicopter pilots.

Ted Striker: Press X to use the smoke in the tank and APC.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I unlocked the Barrett .50 cal sniper rifle first. It's a great gun. One shot kill most of the time. And you can shoot helicopter pilots.
                Yup, that was my unlock, and it's a world better than the original sniper rifles. And the time I managed to take out a transport chopper's pilot made it all worth while
                I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

• ok

medic is what command for healing?

ammo comes from engineer..what command is that?

thanks

gramps

Comment

• Gramps,

You press 4 or 5 on your keyboard to switch from your rifle to the ammo pack or the medic pack.

You can hold out the pack to heal or reammo your teammates.

OR

You can press the fire button on your mouse to drop a pack and they can pick it up and heal/reammo faster.

If your mouse has a scroll wheel, you can also use it to scroll through your weapons as well and pick the medic pack or the ammo pack.
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I unlocked the Barrett .50 cal sniper rifle first. It's a great gun. One shot kill most of the time. And you can shoot helicopter pilots.

Ted Striker: Press X to use the smoke in the tank and APC.
                      Thanks!

As someone who takes pride in blowing up tanks, I have to say that the smoke grenade is the best defense against shoulder mounted rockets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker
                        Gramps,

You press 4 or 5 on your keyboard to switch from your rifle to the ammo pack or the medic pack.

You can hold out the pack to heal or reammo your teammates.

OR

You can press the fire button on your mouse to drop a pack and they can pick it up and heal/reammo faster.

If your mouse has a scroll wheel, you can also use it to scroll through your weapons as well and pick the medic pack or the ammo pack.
                        sorry

i meant how do you call for a medic
                        or call for ammo?

thanks Ted

Comment

• Press Q then slide the mouse towards the phrase you want to say. Also very good for calling out contacts. Aim at the enemy, press Q and left-click, and your contact will turn up on the map for all in your team.
                          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• yesterday, I created an alternate account so I could have some fun, raging people

raging, as its commonly known, is when you do stuff to purposely piss people off.

here's an example of some of the things I do:

1. I run in front of friendly vehicles, making them run me over. Then I punish them for the tk. Boy this gets people really mad.

2. I get in a fast jeep and ram friendly vehicles. I get in front of tanks so they push me. Sometimes, people get so mad they shoot me and tk me. Then I punish. Other times, the jeep gets so damaged I blow up and they get charged with a tk. Of course, I punish.

3. I get in a helicopter and get someone in it. I start flying the wrong way and I hover right at the edge of the map; hopefully over water so they try to swim back... but it's too far and they end up dying. Or I try to crash the helicopter into friendly vehicles, but I bail out at the last second so I don't get charged with a tk.

4. This is really great. If you type "|ccc|" then a whole bunch of spaces then "ALT-F4 UNLOCKS WEAPONS", it shows up in the middle of the screen in orange, so it looks like an admin or the game typed it. Basically, nobody realizes I actually typed it. And what happens? well ALT-F4 closes the program. ROFL!

5. As a medic, I knife a teamate, then revive, then knife, the revive. If you do it fast enough, they can't punish for the tk (but your score still suffers). It's great. I must have killed this one guy like a dozen times before he quit.

After doing this a lot, people get angry and will tk you. Then you just punish and they get kicked/banned.

It's amazing how much fun this is. Last night I was laughing so hard I cried. People get so angry!!!!
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Sava, you pervert, you should quit smoking whatever you're smoking

Comment

yesterday, I created an alternate account so I could have some fun, raging people

raging, as its commonly known, is when you do stuff to purposely piss people off.

here's an example of some of the things I do:

1. I run in front of friendly vehicles, making them run me over. Then I punish them for the tk. Boy this gets people really mad.

2. I get in a fast jeep and ram friendly vehicles. I get in front of tanks so they push me. Sometimes, people get so mad they shoot me and tk me. Then I punish. Other times, the jeep gets so damaged I blow up and they get charged with a tk. Of course, I punish.

3. I get in a helicopter and get someone in it. I start flying the wrong way and I hover right at the edge of the map; hopefully over water so they try to swim back... but it's too far and they end up dying. Or I try to crash the helicopter into friendly vehicles, but I bail out at the last second so I don't get charged with a tk.

4. This is really great. If you type "|ccc|" then a whole bunch of spaces then "ALT-F4 UNLOCKS WEAPONS", it shows up in the middle of the screen in orange, so it looks like an admin or the game typed it. Basically, nobody realizes I actually typed it. And what happens? well ALT-F4 closes the program. ROFL!

5. As a medic, I knife a teamate, then revive, then knife, the revive. If you do it fast enough, they can't punish for the tk (but your score still suffers). It's great. I must have killed this one guy like a dozen times before he quit.

After doing this a lot, people get angry and will tk you. Then you just punish and they get kicked/banned.

It's amazing how much fun this is. Last night I was laughing so hard I cried. People get so angry!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X