X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hall of Fame Dues

Wait!

Hold the presses

All of us who have paid the yearly dues for our Hall Of fame membership, just who has that money?

Did Cybershy and his faithful sidekick retain those funds and if so will they honor our plans for the fall banquet,brunch and barbecue, afterall, its all our money

Im not trying to stall last minutes paperwork, but for real, I have paid my $ 325.00 each of the years to the H.O.F. entertainment fund, I sent my monies in, ????

Also when you guys take over, CS..or Robert..will you still charge the rest of the H.O.F. members the same rates as before?

It just hit me, I was hoping this was not a simple "Oversight" by the finance company, strange things happen when Sha-Cargo enforcers and Canadian Financiers slip out during night time hours......

Thanks for publicly clearing any/all misunderstanding concerning these financials mitigating circumstances
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Wow, what a shock. A new era, and the Dutch!

I will reserve judgment until I see what the new folks do over the next while.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ View Post
        As such, all three of these shows will continue to be produced post-transition and be fully owned by myself.
        so, u're the owner of the podcast, even though u're leaving the admin team of the site? i don't really understand: why isn't the podcast owned by the website itself? just wondering

sorry to hear u guys go at least i get to still hear ya guys on modcast and polycast!
        "Like Joseph Stalin, and Gandhi.
        I'm the Cult of Personality,
        Cult of Personality,
        Cult of Personality." ~ "Cult of Personality" by Living Colour

Comment

Originally posted by CivRules07 View Post
          so, u're the owner of the podcast, even though u're leaving the admin team of the site? i don't really understand: why isn't the podcast owned by the website itself? just wondering
          Fair question.

Part of my transfer of (primary) ownership of Apolyton agreement with Robert is that I retain ownership and otherwise control of PolyCast, and Age of Nations.

... at least i get to still hear ya guys on modcast and polycast!
          PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

If I can be of any assistance in the OT please let me know.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

If I can be of any assistance in the OT, you guys are in deep trouble.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by chequita guevara View Post
                A bit late for an April Fool's prank, don't you think!
                It is no April Fool's joke.

Thanks Duke, Caligastia.
                >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Introductions

Hi All,

As EPW quite rightly pointed out to me in my profile's visitor messages, I have neglected to properly introduce myself, which I will now try to correct:

I am a web application/ebusiness architect and a friend of Robert's. I have been a fan of Civilization since I played it on a floppy disk, and have visited, lurkingly, Apolyton for years now. Robert explained to me what was happening with Apolyton and how the people running it wanted to free their hands for other endeavours and that he saw a chance to pick it up and move it forward.

Due to my knowledge on developing and running web applications, Robert thought it a good idea to include me in his plans to keep Apolyton going for the years to come. I know I am an outsider to your community, but I hope to bring a fresh perspective to Apolyton and to quickly become an active member of this great site.

Since this change all took place very suddenly, giving us only a few weeks to get all information collected and form a solid plan, Robert and I could not leave the gate with a fully formed presentation of our plans. We are working on it and will open a post on the subject as soon as our plan is formulated, so we can talk about it, and to kick off a discussion on what direction Apolyton should take.

To at least already give you something, let me give you some of my motivations.
                  - A community site is there for only one reason, the community.
                  - I think winning teams do not need changing.
                  - Quality content is what drives a site like this.
                  - Any user interface should be efficient, clean, simple and user-oriented.
                  - I am a believer in what is referred to as social networking: by sharing with your friends what interests you, you help create a web of information that other people can use to navigate to interesting information, while they create a web for you to use.

On a more personal note: I am Dutch, I love computer games (with a strong tendency towards strategy), I love the internet, I like a friendly discussion, I like good food and a drink. When I can pry myself away from my keyboard, I like reading a good book or, on a good day, spend a day on or around the Dutch lakes.

The rest of the blanks will be filled in over the next months. I am glad to be here!

Jeroen
                  Insanity within Reason

Comment

Thanks to the old guard, for untold hours of service.

Good luck to the new owners. Don't screw it up.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Jeroen, a few points:

- Is your avatar supposed to be your idea of where Apolyton is heading now?

- You may have the best grammar of any Poly administrator. That said, your post is still rife withe errors.

- You make mostly reassuring points, but you better not turn Poly into Facebook.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Hi Lorizael,

Yes, I see where you are coming from with my avatar... Not intended as such, and have changed the image Just liked it...

A facebook clone is definitely not what I want for this site, but maybe some of their tricks play here as well. Also looking at CNN, Gamespot, Google, Yahoo, MySpace, Craigslist, World of Warcraft, MSN and so on and so on for inspiration, by the way... In the end, Apolyton is Apolyton, and that means it's own unique requirements

Regarding my spelling and language errors, I could say that I don't have a spellingchecker, but actually I need to leave something to be desired, don't I? (Nah, just sloppy I am afraid, but thanks for the compliment)
                        Insanity within Reason

Comment

Thanks to the outgoing team for their contributions.

Best of luck to the new team - I hope that you'll bring a new dynamism and also that you'll look carefully over the several threads from the last two years discussing possible improvements to the site and how it is managed.

Comment

DanQ, Ming, rah, Solver and Locutus all gone in one fell swoop of the devil's wings. This is a very bad thing. While I am willing to see what the new folks come up with, I liked the old status quo, and feel a little abandoned. I am pleased that all of them have identified lives and other pursuits that they want to follow, so good luck on that.
                            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Thanks -Jrabbit, DrSpike, Blaupanzer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeroen Schweitzer View Post
                                Yes, I see where you are coming from with my avatar... Not intended as such, and have changed the image Just liked it...
                                Excellent. I take it that your support for our insect overlords means you will not be enforcing the crazy ID/creationist theories that CyberShy holds.
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X