Transition 2009: Executive Changeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tip #1: Content content content.

Adopt a modern CMS system and use the hell out of it. Hire new content editors. Have a "Strategy of the Week" or something. Have round-table discussions published (perhaps pruned from interesting threads of the week). Put a spotlight on the content being generated here.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ View Post
        Thanks -Jrabbit, DrSpike, Blaupanzer.

why havent you left yet
        XBox Live Gamertag: Sonic

derp derp derp

Comment

Originally posted by joebreeves View Post
          why havent you left yet

I'll still be around!
          PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
            Seriously.

Ming may be a bastard, but he's our bastard. This is some weak sauce.
            QFT. Poly's going down the tubes.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I wish the new administration well.

I am however somewhat uneasy at this change, I have been following poly as a lurker or poster since early 2000 and have gotten used to the way apolyton feels to this day it is the primary internet forum I visit.

PS I am pleased to hear that polycast will continue to be produced by DanQ. It adds a lot of value to the civ community and apolyton.
              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                I am pleased to hear that polycast will continue to be produced by DanQ. It adds a lot of value to the civ community and apolyton.
                Thank you for the kind words, Hera.
                >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ View Post
                  Thank you for the kind words, Hera.
                  You're a kind person DanQ, the kind of person I would think most all want to see succeed, I know I do
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Good luck to the new owners. Don't screw it up.

It's already screwed up; the old admins wouldn't be jumping ship if it weren't.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Just what I was thinking. But I guess we'll never know what really prompted this monumental change. But I mean three of he former admins starting a site of their own? Wtf?? Something isn't right here...
                      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid View Post
                        But I mean three of he former admins starting a site of their own?
                        Partial correction: Dale was never an Apolyton administrator.

Comment

I stand corrected.

Btw, I wonder if his recent meltdown wrt Asher is somehow connected to all this? It's just one weird thing after another...
                          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

At last, the Europeans take control
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Two Dutch people as administrators? It's shpecial cake all round, yesh?
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Good Luck to you Dan!!

I hope your new endeavors bring you great satisfaction. You have (pretty much) spent half your life with this Civ-thing and you and Mark will always be held in high regard for nurturing and shepherding this Community. It's been a truly great run.

Whatever you do, have fun with it!!

Ming, rah...thanks for bringing me along all those years ago. Can't see how not having your guidance will be a good thing for the site, but whatev. One of my regrets in life is that I got too sick to travel before I got a chance to get up to your berg for a visit and a game. Good luck, fellows!!

Monk
                                so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Working...
                                X