No announcement yet.

NFL 2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of all the NFL coaches who have seen that snowplow footage, I wonder about their first reaction. Was it:

A) Hey, that's cheating!
    B) Wish I'd thought of that.
    C) Both A and B
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• 41 Packers
      17 Bears

Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• A nice first drive by Bears but should have ended in a TD. Of course, a penalty put them back a little but Cutler missed his open receiver on third down. Nice to get a three and out by defense on first drive, but can't see them keeping this up.

Thank you, Sam Shields!!

Missed pass interference call against Pack when Bears had 3rd and goal but why weren't the Bears running the ball at the 2?

No TD, hold the Pack, start driving and then break our hearts with Cutler once again throwing a ball he should not have. How did he not see the defender?
        Last edited by Demonbinder; September 13, 2015, 16:00.

Comment

• RETURN MARIOTA TO OREGON NOW, PLS.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Good Sunday night game; even if it hadn't gone my way.
            Beckham held in check and little Dez Bryant. Rematch will be interesting.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Unbelievable finish to the Cowboys game. I had them in the survivor pool, and I thought I was toast week one
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                Good Sunday night game; even if it hadn't gone my way.
                Beckham held in check and little Dez Bryant. Rematch will be interesting.
                It was a terrible game from a "good football" perspective. Both teams were inept, the Giants just a bit more so. But the officials were probably more inept than either team.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I think that the Cowboys don't even care anymore how obvious it is becoming that they are paying off some of the refs. That game was a farce.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Totally expected responses.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• I didn't see much of it. Just the end, when the announcers were talking about what a total idiot Eli was for stopping the clock instead of taking the sack to keep the clock running before the last NYG score.

He's the Cutler of the NFC East.

Well, a Cutler with two rings, but you get my point...
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• BTW, didn't Seattle look awesome?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                          I didn't see much of it. Just the end, when the announcers were talking about what a total idiot Eli was for stopping the clock instead of taking the sack to keep the clock running before the last NYG score.

I still don't believe Eli Manning has two rings.

Hockey is a more random sport in action. But I still think football is more of a crapshoot... in the sense that the best teams don't always win.

That also seems like a contradiction because by definition, the best team is the winner.

so confusing
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I didn't see much of it. Just the end, when the announcers were talking about what a total idiot Eli was for stopping the clock instead of taking the sack to keep the clock running before the last NYG score.

I still don't believe Eli Manning has two rings.

Hockey is a more random sport in action. But I still think football is more of a crapshoot... in the sense that the best teams don't always win.

That also seems like a contradiction because by definition, the best team is the winner.

so confusing
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's worse than that. So much worse. He told Rashad Jennings not to go into the end zone on 2nd and 3rd downs. He claims he didn't want Jennings to score too quickly because he thought Dallas had another time out left and wanted to run the clock down more.

But that doesn't make any goddamned sense from a tactical perspective even if it were the case. NY was up 3 points, a TD would have put them up 10, two scores. So Dallas would have had to score a TD, recover an onside kick and score again to either tie or win in about 90 seconds w/ 1 time out. There is literally no intelligent, valid reason to not go up 2 scores on your opponent in such a situation. Eli should be tested for brain damage from all the sacks he's taken the past two seasons.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• He told Rashad Jennings not to go into the end zone on 2nd and 3rd downs.
                                HOLY CRAP!

Comment

Working...
                                X