• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    I don't feel one bit sorry for him.
    how very christian of you... and your little lover boy
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Well... the NFL Draft starts shortly. (And I wonder which idiot thought an outdoor draft in Chicago in April at night was a good idea)

It should be interesting. The experts pretty much agree on the overall first pick, and then nothing else
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

OK. The two QB's go one and two. At least the Bears didn't do something stupid in trying to get one of them ;
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Well, that's one opinion.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yes, they were reporting Bears were trying to move up using Cutler (don't know who else) and I'm glad they didn't. NFLN showed the stats of Heisman winning QB's and Tim Tebow had only winning record (8-6). That's why you don't draft Heisman winning QB's!

Surprised they went offense, but not too much. Like the pick regardless which way they went.
            Last edited by Demonbinder; April 30, 2015, 20:55.

Comment

Sigh... Kevin White
              Safe Pick, supposed best available talent, but does nothing to help the terrible Defense.
              Giving Cutler more weapons isn't the answer to the Bears problems.
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

With Marshall gone, I'm fine with the Bears' pick. Was hoping Leonard Williams would fall to them...
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yeah... solid pick, and a safe one for the new management team. But the draft is deep in WR's. It's their defense that needs more help.
                  Nobody will look at the pick as a mistake, but it's not the direction I would have liked.

My favorite line from the espn live discussion crawl...

By KC Joyner
                  Another WR for Cutler to overthrow.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

He's way faster than Marshall. Tougher to overthrow...

Not as much trading as I thought might happen.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Tougher to overthrow. That's a unique, yet accurate, way of saying it.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Meanwhile, the Patriots take Malcolm Brown DT Texas with last pick of 1st round.
                        I wanted the Cowboys to take him, but they opted for a CB from football powerhouse Connecticut. WTF?

Comment

• Yes, you know it was a predictable early first round when Mel was saying the name moments before the commish almost every pick.

And yes it was nice to see the chi-town fans continuing the fine tradition of booing the commish.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                            My favorite line from the espn live discussion crawl...

By KC Joyner
                            Another WR for Cutler to overthrow.

My favorite from Rosenbloom in the Trib

After ESPN reported the Bears Titan rumor that the Titans weren't interested in taking Jay in trade...

Don't you just hate it when other teams have video?
                            And eyes. And Brains.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                              Tougher to overthrow. That's a unique, yet accurate, way of saying it.
                              But last year he was underthrowing the receivers - at least on the long throws!

Comment

• I was very pleased to see the Redskins participating in the first round of the draft.
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X