No announcement yet.

NFL 2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it makes you feel better, I also think Hillary should be suspended for at least four games.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I guess that's better than most Dems that will just ignore it and defend her by saying that there's nothing wrong with it. Her track record on transparency is worse than the Patriots record on cheating.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
        4 games will cost him 2 mil.
        Looks like Gisele will have to pick up the groceries in September.

This is one of those tricky ones.

On the one hand, there's no conclusive evidence. Something like this wouldn't hold up in court, but punishment is necessary to deter others or a repeat.

On the other hand, it's similar to the Russian 2018 FIFA World Cup bid, where the computers used were "rented and wiped" and the data was no longer available. Again, no conclusive evidence (of bribery / corrupted bid in this case), but suspicious as heck.

Either way, Roger Goodell has now made a HUGE enemy of one of the more powerful owners in the League and I think it'll cost him more in the long run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zopperoni View Post

Either way, Roger Goodell has now made a HUGE enemy of one of the more powerful owners in the League and I think it'll cost him more in the long run.
          It's always awkward for me when two scumbags get into a disagreement. I want both of them to lose... big.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• The funny thing is that if when this first came up, if Tom had said, hey I've make it clear over the years that I like the footballs on the low end of the scale and have instructed the crew to make sure of it, the league would have nothing on him. It not always about throwing people under the bus, its how you do it.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
              I want both of them to lose... big.
              The whole thing is a no-win situation for everyone involved, but it's only been made bigger because of its unreasonable and disproportionate treatment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zopperoni View Post
                unreasonable and disproportionate treatment.
                Agree. They didn't go far enough.

All the Pats super bowl wins should be vacated.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Especially because it took so long and cost so much money and found no smoking gun. It certainly had some aspects of a witch hunt.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Agree. They didn't go far enough.

All the Pats super bowl wins should be vacated.
                    Now you're getting silly.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Deadspin raised the point that Goodell is penalizing for bull**** related to PROCESS over the actual infraction or dubious action. And its true - not submitting and spreading your asscheeks is what brings down the big hammer, not doing something wrong.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                        Now you're getting silly.
                        they should probably also take away Indy's 2007 "win" just to be safe
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• While I agree with that deadspin assessment I question the process.
                          Is Tom required to just turn over his cell phone? Him and his wife are celebrities and who knows what kind of personal stuff is on it. It's not like this was a criminal investigation with a court order.
                          A guarantee from the league that it would assure confidentiality is meaningless in this day and age. We've seen grand jury crap become public same day. Hacking of personal private pictures. Why take that chance on what is listed in the book as a 25K fine.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

they should probably also take away Indy's 2007 "win" just to be safe
                            That I would smoke too.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Those deflated balls made Andrew Luck have one of the worst games of his career. Figures for a guy who was at best the fourth best QB of his class.
                              Repeating: the final score was 45-7. And in the second half with regulation balls, Luck generated zero points while NE racked up 35. For the game, Luck went 12-of-33 for 126 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs. I know Andrew Luck is supposed to be the next great QB in the NFL, but he did not look good under the bright lights. The Colts blaming that drubbing on ball deflation is like New Orleans blaming Katrina on a leaky faucet.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Slightly confused. I though only the NE balls were deflated. Each side prepped their own balls. But then I've been wrong before.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X