No announcement yet.

NFL 2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But I am a Chicago fan so sometimes I sip the Koolaid.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Just add Vodka.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Absolut and lemonade. Refreshing.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• That's a golfing drink for me. But I lean towards Ketel One. Yes, quite refreshing, with a nice kick after a few.
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• As the Bears game started they showed Robbie Gould who I forgot had gone to SF. I posted on FB that it would be so Bears to lose to a Robbie Gould field goal and they do - to FIVE Robbie Gould FG's. Only one offensive TD, too many penalties on major plays (as usual) and defense couldn't stop them on third down. I now no longer want Fangio back next year. Clean house on the whole coaching staff!!

Comment

• Yeah, when they were saying after he made the 4th one and said that his personal best was 5, my wife an I exchanged looks and knew how this one would end. We had a good laugh. DRAFT PICK. I still don't have a problem if Fangio is back. But another Sunday where Fox should be gone but he won't be. *sigh*
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I put Tarik Cohen in my lineup today for daily fantasy. First TD gets called back because the stepped out of bounds and second for a push in the back by lineman. Of course Howard gets the first TD and second ends up as FG. Typical!! And Bears still need to find a kicker, plus stop committing penalties on positive plays.

Can Bears play AFC North every week?? Best game of year with Howard becoming first Bears RB to start career with consecutive 1000 yard seasons, Bears score on opening drive for first time this year and score more than 29 points for first time in over two years. I give them an A- (due to those first half penalties). Trubisky has two good games in a row so arrow looks like it's starting to point up, but still work to do.
                  Last edited by Demonbinder; December 10, 2017, 17:53.

Comment

• congrats Rah, you needed that...I think.

So I finally sit Kareem Hunt and naturally he hits paydirt...and that guy from GB? I cant even remember his name but he scores twice on Cleveland. He might be matchup proof thanks to his pass catching

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                      -Jrabbit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Jamaal Williams

• the Demons slide into 4th with their highest scoring offense and I get to face them the 1st week

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                      congrats Rah, you needed that...I think.

So I finally sit Kareem Hunt and naturally he hits paydirt...and that guy from GB? I cant even remember his name but he scores twice on Cleveland. He might be matchup proof thanks to his pass catching
                      Sure did.
                      I"m just glad GB won. Maybe they'll play Aaron next week now in my other league, just in time for the playoffs now. If not I'm probably stuck with Garapolo.
                      Third time this year I've had a QB go down and scored less than 8 points. Surprised to finish in first with that happening.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Well, it's Black Monday and only 6 coaching positions have opened up. Could be a couple more, but here's what we know now:

AZ Bruce Arians retired
                        CHI John Fox fired
                        DET Jim Caldwell fired
                        IND Chuck Pagano fired
                        NYG Bob McAdoo fired (Steve Spagnuolo is interim HC)
                        OAK Jack Del Rio fired

Given their apparent lack of interest in promoting the obvious candidate (DC Vic Fangio), the Bears need someone who can develop Trubisky, and who can attract a strong staff.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Good, it's finally over. Now for Pace to make the correct pick for a replacement. I have no preference at this point but have never been a Jon Gruden fan if he decides to get back into it. I had heard Jim-Bob (?) Cooter's name bandied about last year but he may get the Lions job with Caldwell canned. Anyone out there have any preferences?

Comment

• I like Toub and Fangio right now. Maybe Shurmur.
                            Addressing the QB thing directly: Philly QB coach DeFilippo or OC Frank Reich, or Rams OC Matt LeFleur.
                            Not a McDaniel fan - good Xs and Os guy, but not much of a leader imho. His exit from DEN was ugly.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011

Comment

• If they had really wanted Fangio, they would have fired Fox after the Green Bay Game (or any of the other piss poor effort games after that) and made Fangio the Temp Head Coach.
                              Toub doesn't stand a chance.

You better pray for Shurmur.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X