Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sure am glad I dont gamble, I would've lost money on that game

Philly outscored the Patriots?

And the Eagles did it with a back up QB, they'll be even tougher next year when they go for a repeat

Comment

• The Patriots finally ran into a competent, aggressive opposing coach.

Who knows..maybe Alby will finally lighten up.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• he was aggressive... I was pulling for Atlanta last year and watched them lose because of conservative play

I'd say the calls went Philly's way, not that I'd disagree with them, especially the last one to Ertz since he clearly caught the ball and became a runner before diving for the end zone. But the pass to Clements earlier could have gone either way. I still think he caught the ball but that little bit of juggle or repositioning of the football might have cost them the TD.

I really thought NE would blow them out but Foles played a great game and the Philly's running game kept the Patriots honest

Comment

• Foles will turn these playoffs into big money from a desperate team.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Yeah, I said the same in the Prop Bets thread. Good for him. He played an exceptional game.

That was one fun game to watch.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• But he's under contract for another year, so unless someone is willing to offer something really great, I'm betting he'll be an eagle still next year.
              If they were willing to spend 12 million on a backup this year, they won't trade him for a song.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Understood. Just saying he has moved from "expensive for a backup" to "delivers on the biggest stage." Foles will have NFL employment for another 10 years (he's 29) if he wants.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yeah, agreed. But will being the backup next year and (assuming he's not needed) help him salary wise in 2019 since there will be nothing negative or will being out of the spotlight for a year hurt it?

It is too bad he can't cash in on it right now because I doubt he will ever have more value. (Hard to top what he just did)
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• thats true, he should try to find a starting job elsewhere for 2018 or lose value for 2019

Comment

• Well... it's not up to him. He's still under contract. The Eagles should trade him now while his value has peaked. They could probably get a lot for him. Sure, they are taking a chance that Wentz will be ready to start next season, but you are never going to get more for Nick than right now.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I don't know if Foles has earned an uncontested starting gig, but look what happened to Josh McCown. He was out of the league for 2 years before signing as a camp arm with the Bears in 2010 or 11. He only played as an injury replacement, with a nice string of 5 starts in 2013 when Cutler got hurt. He is now on his 9th or 10th team. Since leaving town, he's been a starter in Tampa, in Cleveland, and again for the Jets this year. He'll turn 39 this summer and is still under contract.

Pretty impressive.

Comment

• just read a good article about the SB calls, particularly the 2 TD catches by Clement and Ertz. Author criticized Michaels and Collinsworth for speculating about the replays, etc. Replays overturning the call on the field require it being a no doubter, not a play that can go either way. Michaels even said it could go either way, so did I. We missed the point, if it could go either way the call on the field stands.

the refs did miss or ignored a penalty on the last hail mary, wr Hogan got decked around the 35 yard line as he was heading down field for a tip ball

Comment

• Geez, I already had a great distaste for Josh McDaniels, but this - backing out of coaching Indy - is a new low. The sad part is he's doing this to be Bob Kraft's post-Hoodie lapdog, and he'll inherit a team without a QB and a staff of leftover coaches. And he'll have to wait at least one year, maybe more. I consider him to be an idiot, a douche, and a man without honor. Plus there's this...

Josh McDaniels' assistants, including DC Matt Eberflus, signed contracts with the Colts and are expected to remain with Indianapolis.
                            Talk about awkward. So, basically what's happening here, is McDaniels recruited these coaches to Indianapolis to be a part of his Colts staff, and then McDaniels backed out of the job, leaving Eberflus and others in limbo. According to Garafolo, Eberflus and others have already been in the building in Indy, breaking down film and whatever else, while they waited for McDaniels to officially be introduced. Now, the new Colts coach will be stuck with assistants he didn't hire. This whole situation is a complete mess with no real end game in sight.
                            Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
                            Feb 6 - 8:22 PM
                            The commissioner needs to step in and fix this. Those asst. coaches could be left high and dry, and they acted in good faith. McDaniels leaves dumpster fires wherever he goes.
                            Last edited by -Jrabbit; February 7, 2018, 18:40.

Comment

• Thank God the Bears didn't fake hire him.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I was thinking the same thing when I heard the news.

Comment

Working...
                                X