No announcement yet.

NFL 2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Wife and I get a good chuckle during the Monday night game when Brady was at the line calling out the audible....'Rex Ryan, Rex Ryan". Much more entertaining then Payton's familiar"Omaha"
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• What a great stand by the Bears defense. I can't remember the last time they stopped a drive by the Packers under two minutes and in the red zone.

Lousy officiating (on both sides) and NFL really has to to something to address the issue. It is happening in too many games.

Comment

• Stunning victory for the Beloved. I'm taking full credit for jinxing Green Bay by taking them in Survivor.

What's wrong with Rodgers? Even with a decent running game, he looks like a shadow of himself. Heck, the Packers were lucky to score the one TD they got. Just before that, an INT by Porter was waved off by a phantom pass interference call that even the announcers couldn't believe.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Well I can claim the jinx too.

Yeah, didn't see this game coming. And yes the officiating overall this year is just awful.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
            Well I can claim the jinx too.

Yeah, didn't see this game coming. And yes the officiating overall this year is just awful.
            Yeah, u'r right!!!

Comment

• It's almost December, and the Redskins are in first place in the division. They're also terrible. I'm very confused.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                It's almost December, and the Redskins are in first place in the division. They're also terrible. I'm very confused.
                They're still on course.

Originally posted by Redskins Season Plan
                1. Trip on sidewalk Completed 8/31
                2. Stumble up steps Completed 11/15
                3. Head for wide open division door Completed 11/29
                4. Bump into jamb
                5. Fall off stoop
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• So your opponent has 79 yards to go, 6 seconds left, and no timeouts.
                  They try a trick play that fails pathetically as time runs out.

And yet, somehow, you find a way to lose.

Detroit Lions fans, you have my sincere condolences.

Megatron's reaction to the Packers' Hail Mary (he was inexplicably not on the field) is priceless.

Last edited by -Jrabbit; December 4, 2015, 14:20.
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• In fairness, they did get screwed over on that facemask call. Doesn't change the lack of defense on the hail mary, but...

Obviously it would never happen, but if ever there was a context to support overturning a game's outcome after the fact then that would have been it. The game literally would have been over, but the ref blew a call. No "maybe" or "what if" about it, no arguing that you can't overturn an entire outcome because you don't know what getting the call right in real time would have done to the rest of the game. The flag even came in late, so you can't say that it changed the outcome of the play as it was happening. It was all over.
                    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're Detroit.

Here's a GIF of the phantom penalty. Easy to see how a ref could miss the call, as they are charged with protecting the QB.

View post on imgur.com

But I must say, you make a good case, Koyaa. And I would LOVE to see the result reversed.

Comment

• Too much Gabbert, apparently.

Comment

• After his time in Jacksonville, it's interesting that Gabbert doesn't panic in the pocket. Doesn't have great accuracy, but is more athletic than I gave him credit for. Bottom line, the Bears gave this one away. Among many other issues, Gould missed two chip shots, including one from 36 at end of regulation.

The OT TD to Torrey Smith was a blown coverage.

Sports radio in Chicago is brutalizing the team for this loss, but the simple fact is that no one would be saying a word if the Robbie Gould had made the two chip shot FGs he pulled left. Especially the 36-yarder at the end of regulation.

C'est la vie.

Comment

• Stupid Patriots...

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                              After his time in Jacksonville, it's interesting that Gabbert doesn't panic in the pocket. Doesn't have great accuracy, but is more athletic than I gave him credit for. Bottom line, the Bears gave this one away. Among many other issues, Gould missed two chip shots, including one from 36 at end of regulation.

The OT TD to Torrey Smith was a blown coverage.

Sports radio in Chicago is brutalizing the team for this loss, but the simple fact is that no one would be saying a word if the Robbie Gould had made the two chip shot FGs he pulled left. Especially the 36-yarder at the end of regulation.

C'est la vie.
                              Fox's comment was: "We made plays in every area of our team - just not enough". Yep, making the key plays would have negated the need for his making the FG's. I think it is a team loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                                Stupid Patriots...
                                Aye, horrible loss.

On the upside, Tom Brady passed Dwayne Bowe for receiving yards this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X