No announcement yet.

NFL 2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool your jets. The only place the Bears are going is "too many wins to draft Cutler's replacement."
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Not gonna drink that Kool-aid yet.
      Nope not gonna.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Neither am I but I'm not surprised by that article. With next two opponents trending down and Fox's history the national people think Bears have a chance. Regardless, they'll be in draft hell again - not low enough to draft an elite pick.

Comment

• Isn't this Forte's option year?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• No option about it; he's a free agent after this season. Bears will not franchise him.
            He'd look pretty great behind that Dallas line.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• A Forte/Reborn McFadden would be sweet.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Great kickoff by Robbie Gould (in the end zone and then bounces back into play). Too bad I can't get any FP for that and worse that they couldn't get points off the great field position it generated.

I was for going for it late in the fourth quarter (though Jay should have run the ball) but why did they call a running play on the two point conversion when Denver had eight in the box and the running game up the middle wasn't working all day for that kind of yardage.

Once again, no playoffs and lousy draft position.
                Last edited by Demonbinder; November 22, 2015, 17:29.

Comment

• They can still salvage an OK draft pick.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
                    Great kickoff by Robbie Gould (in the end zone and then bounces back into play). Too bad I can't get any FP for that and worse that they couldn't get points off the great field position it generated.

I was for going for it late in the fourth quarter (though Jay should have run the ball) but why did they call a running play on the two point conversion when Denver had eight in the box and the running game up the middle wasn't working all day for that kind of yardage.

Once again, no playoffs and lousy draft position.
                    The problem was going for it on 4th and 4 with 10 minutes left. That was straight-up stupid on Fox's part.
                    Kick a field goal and they don't need no stinking 2-pt conversion when they finally score a TD.

And for the record: the number of coaches that are screwing themselves with ill-considered 2-pt attempts continues to amaze me.

Comment

• The problem was going for it on 4th and 4 with 10 minutes left. That was straight-up stupid on Fox's part.
                      Kick a field goal and they don't need no stinking 2-pt conversion when they finally score a TD.
                      yeah, my wife glanced up from her book and asked why they weren't kicking the field goal. All I could say was, I don't know. Fox is usually so conservative I really couldn't believe he didn't.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Riverboat John ≠ Riverboat Ron

Comment

• The perception here is that, from Monday to Saturday, John Fox is in the top tier of NFL coaches.
                          But on Sundays, in-game, he is among the worst decision-makers in the league.

Comment

• Going back to Carolina even, Fox never struck me as top tier guy. More like someone's half retarded politically incorrect uncle (just by appearances)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Think Chip Kelly is gonna get canned after this season? I'd guess they'd give him one more year to get his players in place and clicking, but I can't imagine he'll make it beyond that if next season is similar for the Eagles.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                                The perception here is that, from Monday to Saturday, John Fox is in the top tier of NFL coaches.
                                But on Sundays, in-game, he is among the worst decision-makers in the league.
                                If you asked the man himself, he'd tell you that six out of seven isn't bad...

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                                Think Chip Kelly is gonna get canned after this season? I'd guess they'd give him one more year to get his players in place and clicking, but I can't imagine he'll make it beyond that if next season is similar for the Eagles.
                                Unlikely that he'll get fired, especially with the investments made, but very plausible that ownership will require changes in the support structure around him (both from coaching and front office perspective). The only way Chip leaves prematurely is if he pulls a "Bobby Petrino".

Comment

Working...
                                X