No announcement yet.

NFL 2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to imagine they will. There are too many people who put too many chips on the table. Which has been the problem since the beginning, really. Whoever passed the fake numbers to Mort committed the league to everything that came after, whether they knew it or not.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• I think an appeal would be a lost cause. Chances are that they'll re-define the offense to "not cooperating with the Wells investigation" and slap a different penalty on it.

Comment

• Too logical.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yea, you're right, they're appealing: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...m-brady-ruling

But not because they believe Brady is guilty, but because they feel they can do whatever they want per the CBA.

This is the only way to summarize all this:

Last edited by Zopperoni; September 3, 2015, 14:09.

Comment

• Well I drafted Brady in one league but my second has its draft tonight. If only this had waited one more day! Argh.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
              They may appeal, but it looks like they won't try to keep Brady off the field while it happens.

Gronk
              The appeal will come through during the playoffs. And given their lineup this season, it's pretty much guaranteed the Pats will make it.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• After getting pretty severely smacked down by their hand-picked judge, I really don't think the NFL will be winning in the court of appeals.
                They may, however, get slapped around a bit more for wasting the court's time.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Ok, so will the bears get more a fewer wins than they had in the preseason?
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• And as soon as Jennings was released by the bears, big surprise, Lovie signs him in Tampa.
                    We know how all the previous ex-bear signing have worked out for him.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                      And as soon as Jennings was released by the bears, big surprise, Lovie signs him in Tampa.
                      Well, he did need somebody after C.J. Wilson blew off two of his fingers...

Comment

• This cut doesn't bother me at all. Jennings is too slow and short (5' 8") to succeed in man coverage.

Sure wish DA Bears still had Peanut Tillman, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                          Ok, so will the bears get more a fewer wins than they had in the preseason?
                          More, barely.

Comment

• Bears fans are like Cubs fans, just with less awareness and acceptance of the situation.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• It looks like the Bear fans here are very aware about how bad they suck.

Or are you trying to say the Bears are going to be good, and we just don't know it?

Maybe we should be saying the same about Texas Fans. Since their teams have such better records then the Cubs. OH wait, they don't.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I am not optimistic about this season at all
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X