No announcement yet.

NFL 2014 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Vick reaches deal with the Jets (1yr $5M). Jets release Mark Sanchez.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I see the point on half of that.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Bring back buttfumble!
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Sproles has more KR+PR yards than Hester. He's the better returner. I don't see how he's more overrated than Hester.

Sproles is also in the top 25 all time in all purpose yards - better than the Bus and catching up to guys like Edgerrin James. If he continues to be productive, he could be a hall of famer.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Sproles has more KR+PR yards than Hester. He's the better returner. I don't see how he's more overrated than Hester.

Sproles is also in the top 25 all time in all purpose yards - better than the Bus and catching up to guys like Edgerrin James. If he continues to be productive, he could be a hall of famer.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• He's a better candidate than Michael Vick or Hester.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

He's a better candidate than Michael Vick or Hester.
                What's your point?

Comment

• What's your point?
                  That he's a better football player than Vick and Hester?

Comment

Sproles has more KR+PR yards than Hester. He's the better returner. I don't see how he's more overrated than Hester.
                    Yeah... more yards because of more chances.

The STATS:

Hester
                    PUNT RETURNS
                    AVE YARDS PER RETURN: 12.3
                    TD's: 13

KICK RETURNS
                    AVE YARDS PER RETURN: 24.8
                    TD's: 5

Sproles
                    PUNT RETURNS
                    AVE YARDS PER RETURN: 8.2
                    TD's: 3

KICK RETURNS
                    AVE YARDS PER RETURN: 25.3
                    TD's: 2

Hester was FAR BETTER than Sproles.
                    The FACTS speak for themselves.

But feel free to base it on total yards. I'll let the poster make up their own minds.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• The Eagles will release Desean Jackson if they can't find a suitable trade partner (the Eagles are looking for a 3rd round pick).

Jackson is coming off of a 1332yd 9TD season, his best as a pro, at 27 years old. A little strange that Chip Kelly is desperate to unload him.

Comment

• Yeah... more yards because of more chances.
                        So Sproles, even with way more KRs has a higher average?

Row up the failboat.

Comment

• Yeah... a half a yard better and three less touchdowns with more chances.

When it comes to punt returns, it's not even close.

Enjoy BenLand... the place where Ben's mind has lost touch with reality and facts.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                            Sava, hyperbole doesnt stress how much you dislike him
                            It's just to make Alby feel smart.

I don't think he experiences it often.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• the place where Ben's mind has lost touch with reality and facts.
                              And we've not even brought Sproles' yards from scrimmage into the equation.

He's in the top 25 of total yards. Pretty damn good.

Comment

• And what does that have to do with
                                "Sproles has more KR+PR yards than Hester. He's the better returner."

Oh, that's right, nothing.

Hester was a far better returner. Simple Fact.
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X