No announcement yet.

NFL 2014 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, most of you Illinois folk move down there eventually...
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

You have no idea. There are so many Florida license plates up here. It seems as if there are as many as Wisconsin and Indiana plates... at times.

also

florida

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

If you can spring and fall in Illinois and winter in florida, why not? Summers, you're just screwed.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

because it's florida
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I have no special knowledge of TB football. I read an article on which teams have the most cap space (Jax has the most), and another on who had signed the top free agents so far. Two clicks, no more than 10 minutes.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

You make it look so easy.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

My secret is the copious use of facts.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  My secret is the copious use of facts.
                  Gee... BK could really learn a lot from you. But then again, he likes to ignore facts... especially those that prove him wrong
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Vick vs Schaub? Really??
                    I got Schaub in the 18th round. Vick, as predictably so was massively overrated, injured himself and produced less.

Even though they play totally different offensive styles and are unlikely to be considered by the same team?
                    Why would Schaub benefit the Vikings less? They need someone who can throw, not run.

I'd be shocked if Houston lets him go.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Ben is also a moron who will pick the white QB over the black QB just about every single time. Who cares what stupid crap he thinks?
                      Imran, the obvious WASP plays the race card.

Tell me Imran, does the race card ever expire?

I have no problems with underrated black quarterbacks. I have started CAM NEWTON, and I was the first guy in IDP to pick him up and run with him as a starter! Before he became massively overrated.

I bought low and sold high.

Vick, is overpriced, overrated and underperforming. Like Eli Manning in that regard.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

What is the argument? Ben seems to think Schaub isn't an old, injury-prone QB.
                        You were suggesting Vick!

Comment

Please stop arguing about crappy QBs. At least until one of them gets cut, signed, or traded.

Kthx.

Comment

Jason Hatcher leaves the Dark Side and joins the Probably-Racist-Maybe-Offensive-Depending-On-Who-You-Ask Side!

Although he is kind of old. But should probably be a substantial improvement.
                            Last edited by ColdWizard; March 14, 2014, 16:23.
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

This is not a fantasy football thread.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                                However, I do think McCown will be exposed as an average QB when he doesn't have a bunch of 6-foot-5 receivers to throw to.
                                Oh you mean like Vincent Jackson? The Bucs WR corps is not as good as the Bears but Jackson and Mike Williams isn't too shabby.

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                                TB is going to be a train wreck
                                I doubt it. See above plus add the presence of Doug Martin and a defense that has been adding a lot of pieces the last two seasons.

Considering the sudden and dramatic turn-arounds we've seen recently, I don't see how you can be so sure. McCown might just need to be Alex Smith for this Bucs team.
                                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                                X