No announcement yet.

NFL 2014 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hester was a far better returner. Simple Fact.
    You probably think Gale Sayers was a better RB than Tomlinson.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Again... what does that have to do with your comment?

Oh, that's right... NOTHING.

You are wrong, as usual.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Centralized replay for the NFL (but in conjunction with the referee who has "final say"):

NFL owners voted Tuesday to use a centralized system to aid referees in stadiums make decisions on replay reviews.

Comment

• Good to see they found a way to slow the game down a little more while still giving the referee the last word on getting the call wrong.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Jared Allen signs with the Bears.

It's nice that, after parting ways with a 30+ year old Julius Peppers on the downside of his career... that the Bears signed another 30+ year old pass rusher who is on the downside of his career.

Anything less than 10 sacks from Allen is a failure.

Also, Hester was the greatest returner in NFL history.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Peppers originally signed with the Bears when he was 30. We got 3 good years out of him before he hit the wall. Allen's deal is essentially for two years (because of voidable years). He's 31. So, essentially, we're getting Peppers from before he hit the wall for two seasons. And for half the price. This is a GREAT move.
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                Peppers originally signed with the Bears when he was 30. We got 3 good years out of him before he hit the wall. Allen's deal is essentially for two years (because of voidable years). He's 31. So, essentially, we're getting Peppers from before he hit the wall for two seasons. And for half the price. This is a GREAT move.
                Two good years. And he was certainly not the dominant pass rusher he was in years past.

Great move?

Pffft. That remains to be seen. If this was 2008, I'd agree with you.

NFL players don't age like fine wines.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• It's all about salary cap. We could afford Allen, but not Peppers. I was kind of hoping they would get Allen if the price was right.

Hopefully he has a few good years left in him.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• He's certainly better than nothing. That's for sure. I'm glad they have him. But I'm calling the Peppers experiment a failure. 4 years. Half of which were bad.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Yeah, we'll see. This move was more about managing the money and not necessarily the talent.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• and that's fine

The D just needs to be average (assuming the offense is still clicking)
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• That's the plan. (I hope)
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• The Bears have an offense?
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Nice move by the Bears. I was hoping they would go after him. Now need to get better at safety.

Comment

• A first round safety is nearly a certainty now for the Bears.
                                They've actually addressed everything else.
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X