No announcement yet.

NFL 2014 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hear ya... I was looking at the schedule and saying pretty much the same thing. The first half of the schedule is tough. However, if they can get through it, they will be in great shape to make a run. However, they could be buried by then.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Week 11 - @Kansas City
      Week 12 - AZ
      Week 13 - @SF
      Week 14 - @ PHI
      Week 15 - SF
      Week 16 - @AZ
      Week 17 - STL

That Week 13 game is Thanksgiving.

Our schedule is hella tough
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
        I hear ya... I was looking at the schedule and saying pretty much the same thing. The first half of the schedule is tough. However, if they can get through it, they will be in great shape to make a run. However, they could be buried by then.
        If they are able to kick ass in the rest of the season, I'd be content with 1-4.

However, I'd prefer 2-3, 3-2.

Shiyat,... how about 5-0

DA BEARS
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• NFL Draft starts tonight, first round only. Looks like everyone is scared to be the first team to reach for a QB, so WRs, OTs, and pass rushers seem to be the hot positions in the early going. Kind of sucks that they drag this out over 3 days (not to mention pushing it from April to May).

Based on their free agent signings, it looks pretty clear that the Bears will be going defense with the #14 overall -- either a safety or DT is most likely, depending on how things fall. Possibly a CB.

Final days rumors, lies, and misdirection have been amusing this year -- most of them involving teams pretending they was Johnny Football, who has been rumored going to: the Rams, the Jaguars, the Browns, the Raiders, Tampa Bay, Tennessee, Dallas, and Arizona. Probably others, too.

Any hot rumors from your local media or predictions for your favorite team?
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I predict Mel Kuiper will be wrong.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• And the sun will set in the west.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'll just be glad when it's over. I'm getting a little tired of all the mock drafts on sports radio. And the endless rumors that are so crazy is starting to get to me.

The Bears will take the best Defensive Player available. At 14, they will get a good player. I hope a ton of offensive players are taken before then.

It would be pretty hard for them to screw this one up.

The last rumor I heard today was that Detroit might take a Wide Receiver with their first pick
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

• ^^yup
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Well... it's finally started and Houston almost ran out the clock taking Clowney. Gee, WHAT A SURPRISE
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• A lot of Cousins trade talk and speculation on what pick they could get for him.
                      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• I'm pleased with the Rams picking Greg Robinson as expected. They really need a RB still though.
                        Last edited by Kidlicious; May 8, 2014, 20:37.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• I'll say one thing about Jadaveon Clowney: He sure as hell looks the part. Dude is LONG. HUGE.

Comment

• Matt Millen thinks every team needs a WR
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Trade DOWN!!!

Damn. Could be a nice pick... next year.
                              Last edited by Donegeal; May 8, 2014, 21:49.
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Surprisingly few and fairly non-dramatic trades so far.

Bears getting a DB is fine; anything on defense a plus. I thought they'd take one of the two top safeties. Bummer that the DT Aaron Donald didn't fall to them.

Johnny Football continues to drop... #19 now on the clock. Maybe Arizona will take him at 20.

Comment

Working...
                                X