NFL 2014 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great talent, always hurt.
    Sounds like Vick except for the 'great talent' part.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Sean Lee needs to be a leader for that Cowboys team. They sure cant rely on the qb
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
        I doubt Sloww would engage in such passive-aggressive nonsense. And certainly not if his internet access is still limited.

Your fixation on your one star thread rater is mildly intriguing though.
        It's a random curiosity. That's all.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• They sure cant rely on the qb
          Why? Did they pick up Vick?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            Sean Lee needs to be a leader for that Cowboys team. They sure cant rely on the qb
            From the sideline?

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Kaepernick is no longer a good value for the position.

The San Francisco 49ers decided it wasn't worth waiting any longer to lock up their franchise quarterback for the long haul.

The Niners signed Colin Kaepernick to a six-year contract extension through the 2020 season that makes him one of the NFL's highest-paid players.

NFL Network reported the deal is worth up to $126 million with $61 million in guarantees, which would surpass Drew Brees' $60.5 million on the deal he signed in 2012 with the New Orleans Saints for the most guaranteed money in NFL history.
              Maybe I'm wrong and he'll end up being a better passer than Brees.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• If you actually look at the contract, it's absolutely brilliant from the 49ers POV:

In response to our item suggesting that the Colin Kaepernick deal, trumpeted as being worth "up to" $126 million with $61 million guaranteed contains plenty of fluff, a league source with knowledge of the deal sent the details to PFT, and multiple other sources have chimed in on the contents of the…

Technically, the deal has $61 million guaranteed, even though $6 million of the guaranteed salary could evaporate (more on that later). Either way, only $13.073 million is guaranteed at signing. It comes in the form of a $12.328 million signing bonus, a base salary of $645,000, and a workout bonus of $100,000.

For 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and part of 2018, the base salaries are guaranteed only for injury. On April 1 of each year, the guarantees convert from injury only to fully guaranteed. That gives the 49ers the ability to decide, in any given year, to move on from Kaepernick. And with the deadline for the conversion of the guarantee coming on April 1, the 49ers can squat on his rights until several weeks after the start of free agency, making it harder for him to get paid elsewhere.
                The contract also requires Kaepernick to purchase, with after-tax dollars, a disability policy that pays the 49ers $20 million if he suffers a career-ending injury.

As one source put it, Kaepernick can feel good about the deal because he has a lot more guaranteed money today than he had yesterday. But the same source also added that the 49ers are nevertheless “thrilled” with the contract, which allows them to control Kaepernick’s rights for seven years and to move on after any of the next six seasons, if they ultimately decide that Kaepernick is more like the guy who struggled at times during the 2013 regular season and less like the guy who found the gas pedal in the playoffs.
                Basically the 49ers have one year options on Kaepernick for the next 6 years if they so choose. It may end up at $61mil, but it doesn't have to if the 49ers decide nope.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Okay. I was seriously losing faith in the 49ers front office.

It's a given that NFL contracts have all sorts of games going with the guaranteed money and whatnot.

But still... more money than Brees? That's nonsense! (if only in principle)
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• A) Brees' contract was signed 2 years ago. Contract inflation does happen.
                    B) I'm 100% positive that Brees' contract doesn't have basically opt-out clauses where the team can dump him before any season and cancel the rest of the contract including the guaranteed money.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Brilliant. Injury prone scrambling QB gets 6 one year contracts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        Brilliant. Injury prone scrambling QB gets 6 one year contracts.
                        Injury prone? He hasn't missed a game in his 23 starts so far.
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• He meant black.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                            A) Brees' contract was signed 2 years ago. Contract inflation does happen.
                            B) I'm 100% positive that Brees' contract doesn't have basically opt-out clauses where the team can dump him before any season and cancel the rest of the contract including the guaranteed money.
                            That's a lot of "inflation" for two years.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Sam Bradford got $50mil in guaranteed money as a rookie in 2010.

Comment

• He hasn't missed a game in his 23 starts so far.
                                Impressive! That's nearly 2 seasons. He's almost an ironman.

Comment

Working...
                                X