X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White-knighting ESPN
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• ESPN has a massive studio production facility in LA.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• So they produce studios? Do they ever use them to make shows and stuff?
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
          I enjoy how it's "Eastern Seaboard Programming Network" who goes absolutely nuts about Los Angeles sports... maybe the joking name isn't entirely accurate
          Of course, people from the East Coast would not notice the bias the rest of the country does.

Except for lakers coverage, they never mention LA and even that has diminished along with the team.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I don't understand how that market can support two NHL franchises... but not an NFL franchise.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
              Except for lakers coverage, they never mention LA and even that has diminished along with the team.
              Yasiel Puig plays for the Lakers? Because everyone and their mothers were complaining about how ESPN was over covering that guy.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                So they produce studios? Do they ever use them to make shows and stuff?
                ESPN's Los Angeles Production Center, called LA Live, is located downtown, near Staples Center. It has three production control rooms, two master control rooms; eight edit suites, a music room, a voiceover room and two live production studios totaling more than 12,300 square feet. The late night SportsCenter is produced there, plus the NBA pregame show NBA Countdown and other programs. I believe the Spanish-language ESPN channel also originates there.

I actually have a lot more detail, like the digital networking technology and mixing consoles they use, etc. Aren't you glad you asked?
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                  Yasiel Puig plays for the Lakers? Because everyone and their mothers were complaining about how ESPN was over covering that guy.
                  One or a couple of examples does not make a trend. It's the overall picture that's important. It's not like they ignore everything else.

And yes, for the record my opinion, being from Chicago, is biased also.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Now that my daughter works for ESPN, I watch even more than I used to... (assuming that's even possible )
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                      One or a couple of examples does not make a trend. It's the overall picture that's important.
                      Yes... in the overall picture they slobber over LA.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I don't see it that way, so unless either of us has stats to back it up, it's down to personal perception.
                        How about an informal poll here.

Do you think ESPN spends more time covering East Coast teams or LA?
                        I lean heavy to East Coast teams.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• It does seem to lean towards the east coast but not as much as my perception.

MOST-COVERED TEAMS BY SPORT (2012)
                            Miami Heat (NBA): 962.75 minutes (5.5%)
                            New York Yankees (MLB): 410.25 (2.4%)
                            New York Giants (NFL): 362.75 (2.1%)
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It's skewed east coast because east coast teams are better.

(Except in basketball, which we don't care about here anyway).
                              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Last time I looked, Miami was on the east coast. Which topped the list from that article.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X