No announcement yet.

NFL 2014 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard that the Patriots have been disturbed at their hotel three nights in a row by fire alarms.

I wonder if sleep disruptions could affect the game.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• That may take the wind out of their sails. I think they'd be deflated about it.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• That's a shame. They were so pumped up.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Shall we post SB predictions in this thread?
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Jimmy Kimmel had a good bit... Damon, Affleck and others on Deflategate.

RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Affleck's looking old
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• And rich. I'm thinking he can cope.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  Shall we post SB predictions in this thread?
                  Sure, why not.

24-21 New England, OT
                  Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• 38-27 Pats
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• 45-17 Seattle

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                      And rich. I'm thinking he can cope.
                      Indeed.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• 30-20 Pats
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• I was going to go 38-28 Pats but then I saw sloweys.

So 42-32 Pats.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Wow. Pats all around. Reminds me of last year.

Regardless of the score, I'm going to double down. Seahawks are going to win. They're going to keep a lid on the wideouts. Gronk may have a good game. However, there will be interceptions. The Patriots will do next to nothing on the ground aside from a few 10ish yard runs when the Seahawks are in a nickel or dime set (or the equivalent that their defense runs).

Russel Wilson will make a few good passes on the run. He may even have a few decent gainers on the ground. Marshawn Lynch will do his thing, perhaps bust a large gain 30-40 yds and either score or set Seattle up for an easy TD.

Late in the game, Brady will try and lead a comeback. He'll end up throwing a costly interception.

That's what I see happening.

Now that I said that, it won't.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I'd kind of like to see Brady get his 4th ring, but I really think we'll see a repeat of last year: a younger roster with a better defense ushers another group of aging veterans to the door, letting them know that their time has passed.

Seattle 30
                              New England 23

Turnovers will, as always, make the difference.

Comment

• Are you ready for some Football...

NE as well. 34 - 21
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X