No announcement yet.

NFL 2014 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bah. The team responsible for the Skins' last 3 playoff losses and the team that's won it all 17 times in the last 13 years. Dagnabbit. COMMERCIALS!
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I don't see me cheering for the Patriots.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Indeed.

Seattle, I guess it is.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Does anyone else think Russell Wilson has some dead looking eyes?

I can't even post an example. Just GIS him. Every pic... the same dead eyes.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Dead eyes vs. no soul (Belichek) in the Superbowl... it's gonna be fun!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Though I do like Wilson's Surface Pro 3 commercials... makes me want to buy one bad!

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                no soul (Belichek)
                i'm pretty sure souls are few and far between in the whole patriot organization... from the top down

and all of football, for that matter
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                  Though I do like Wilson's Surface Pro 3 commercials... makes me want to buy one bad!
                  Don't believe the hype.
                  Oh wait, you're you.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I like the moves made by Bears so far. Ryan Pace seems to be a great choice, John Fox solid as the coach and now they get probably the best DC in the game - Vic Fangio from SF. They also signed former Broncos special teams coordinator Jeff Rodgers. So now they just need a OC and assistant coaches. Hope they can make as good a hire there as well.

Comment

• just gotta wait and see
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• 11/12 balls were deflated, the Patriots cheated in the AFC championship game and probably others as well...I'm for extreme measures:
                        1. Belichek banned for life unless he can prove that he didn't know. Ban anyone else involved.
                        2. Patriots disqualified from the Superbowl.
                        "

Comment

• Looks like the "Cheatriots" label isn't going away any time soon.

What blatant stupidity. Will Goodell have the cajones to exact severe enough penalties?
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW View Post
                            11/12 balls were deflated, the Patriots cheated in the AFC championship game and probably others as well...I'm for extreme measures:
                            1. Belichek banned for life unless he can prove that he didn't know. Ban anyone else involved.
                            2. Patriots disqualified from the Superbowl.
                            Yeah, no chance of that happening. Think of the logistical nightmare of disqualifying a Super Bowl team at this point. Would you cancel the game? Of course not, it's the ultimate cash cow. Slot in the Colts? Well then they have to scramble to prepare after already cleaning out their lockers and heading for their off season. And then what about all the Pats fans who have already bought their tickets?

My guess is they'll dock the Pats some draft picks, like they did for Spygate. And some fines.

If they want to really get tough, they'll ban Belichick for next season.
                            Last edited by Boris Godunov; January 21, 2015, 02:17.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                              Yeah, no chance of that happening. Think of the logistical nightmare of disqualifying a Super Bowl team at this point. Would you cancel the game? Of course not, it's the ultimate cash cow. Slot in the Colts? Well then they have to scramble to prepare after already cleaning out their lockers and heading for their off season. And then what about all the Pats fans who have already bought their tickets?

My guess is they'll dock the Pats some draft picks, like they did for Spygate.
                              This is a lot worse the Spygate though. I don't think it would be a problem for the Colts to play. Yes it would be a logistical nightmare but not impossible. Refund the Pats fan's tickets, that's not that hard.
                              "

Comment

• Oh dear. And here I thought Spygate was the worst possible thing that one NFL team could do to another NFL team. Clearly, insisting that the air in the ball conforms to the laws of physics is beyond the pale.

(Am I making assumptions there? Sure, exactly as many as you are.)
                                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Working...
                                X