No announcement yet.

NFL 2014 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe we could see three out of four wild card teams winning in the Divisional round.
    Seatle over Carolina
    Dallas over Green Bay
    Baltimore over New England
    Indy over Denver
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
      They still haven't won a playoff game in 23 years. The only reason they made the playoffs this season was a truly preposterous string of luck in close games. Stafford has never--not once--beaten a team with a winning record on the road. He is a slightly above-average QB, at best. Suh is gone.

This was the Lions' ceiling.
      Guy, I've been saying the stuff about Stafford since he was a QB at UGA. However, there is one thing you need to know - Stafford was a high school QB in Texas. Slow is going to defend him to the death; it'll be like Ben with Flutie.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I have to admit when they picked up that flag I was feeling sorry for Guy but then realized that he was used to it by now.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Stafford is like any QB. They get more accolades and blame than is their share.

If I was backing someone just because of being from Texas, I wouldn't have to look hard to find one.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Romo has the best QBR, easily. So much for "he sucks". Funny how getting OL and committing to running helps him not suck.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Speaking of QBR, Stafford was 20th in the league. So he's like any other QB, just below average .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                Speaking of QBR, Stafford was 20th in the league. So he's like any other QB, just below average .
                Based on QBR, Stafford is about .26σ below average.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I'm not going to sit and argue about it. He has RB's who are essentially pass catchers. Trade him. Surely one of those 25 teams will give a beer vendor for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                    I have to admit when they picked up that flag I was feeling sorry for Guy but then realized that he was used to it by now.
                    That's... sweet? .....thanks?
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Face guarding isn't a penalty in the NFL anymore.

Comment

• That was a BS explanation by the crew. Picking up that flag was inexcusable, Sloww, and if the teams were reversed, I'm certain you would agree.

That is not faceguarding. That is two hands grabbing the receiver before the ball is there, aka defensive pass interference.

And we've all seen it called a million times, in just that situation. Does this bit of announcer-speak ring a bell? "Hey, if you don't turn your head around and locate the ball, they will call you for pass interference on that play, every time."

Hitchens also was guilty of holding on the same play.

The fact that one official saw him "faceguarding" at the end does not negate the TWO fouls Hitchens committed earlier in that play.

Now, did Pettigrew interfere as well? Possibly. There was some hand-fighting going on. But at the very least, that's offsetting. NO WAY that flag should be picked up, especially after the penalty has been announced and the yardage walked off.

It was bad officiating, plain and simple.
                        Attached Files
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Wrong, as irrelevant at this point.

BTW, would you rather have Cutler or Stafford?

Thirdly, as a response to Donageal&s prediction, non-winners of Division as Favorites? TCU Must really be grimacing.

Comment

• So you deny clear photographic evidence. OK.

If I was trying to win a Super Bowl, neither Cutler nor Stafford would be my QB. Cutler has a stronger arm and is more athletic, but Stafford takes care of the ball and appears to be the better leader. Both have long-term mechanical flaws.

Speaking of bad judgment...
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• 45 second mark

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
                              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                                That's... sweet? .....thanks?
                                I wasn't sorry at all. Suh would have probably crushed Wilson's head like a grape.
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X