NFL 2014 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Ben get banned again?
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Yes.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Thanks to San Diego for ensuring Baltimore's playoff spot!
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Welcome to Black Monday.

NFL coaching and management changes so far:

--NY Jets fire GM John Idzik and head coach Rex Ryan
          --San Fran officially "parts ways" with HC Jim Harbaugh
          --Chicago fires both GM Phil Emery and HC Marc Trestman
          --Atlanta has fired HC Mike Smith
          --Oakland HC Tony Sparano carries an "interim" tag.

Now up to 5 openings...
          Last edited by -Jrabbit; December 29, 2014, 13:23.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Mike Smith is out with with the Falcons (can GM Dimitroff also go please?)
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Woot! Their BOTH gone (Although I never tagged Emery to the McClellin pick as I think that was a pick forced on him just like Lovie was forced on him)!
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                --Chicago fires both GM Phil Emery and HC Marc Trestman
                Don't let the door hit your asses on the way out... SEE YA!

And JR... quick reporting. I've been watching the wires and hadn't seen it yet. THANKS!
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yeah, I only saw the Emery one. They weren't reporting the Trestman firing yet.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• That was Twitter-based reporting (one guy from Fox, one from ESPN). It hadn't hit any major sites yet.

I should mention that technically, the Oakland job is also open. Tony Sparano has been the interim HC there since Dennis Allen was fired in October. (I expect him to keep the gig.)
                    Last edited by -Jrabbit; December 29, 2014, 13:24.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Saw it at lunchtime today. I like getting Ernie Accorsi to help with the search and hope they get the GM first. Rex Ryan, Bill Cowher or Mike Shanahan as possible experienced coaches??

Comment

• Great idea, but doubt they will do it.

If the Chicago Bears are serious about winning, their first call should be to Bill Polian, Michael Wilbon writes.

Comment

• Suh sucks, He's due for a lifetime ban.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Duh sucks, He's due for a lifetime ban.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                              Suh sucks, He's due for a lifetime ban.
                              A lifetime ban? But he's only a first time offender!
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Man, you Bears fans are hilarious with your turmoil.
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X