NFL 2014 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh crap...

The Atlanta Falcons will be featured on HBO's "Hard Knocks" during training camp, the team announced on Thursday.

Well there goes that season.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• The Bears thank Atlanta, the NFL, and HBO.
      Dodged a bullet.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Ditto
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I was looking forward to hearing Cutler's wife talk about vaccines.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Lions cut CB Chris Houston and the Chiefs cut Pro Bowler CB Brandon Flowers.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Cleveland cut Earl Bennett the other day. That was pretty quick.

Comment

• Mike Vick says he revolutionized the game

I don't know about that. Mike Vick grew up watching Randall Cunningham and Steve Young (and was in college when Donovan McNabb entered the NFL).
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Vick is a proven idiot.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I don't know about that. Mike Vick grew up watching Randall Cunningham and Steve Young (and was in college when Donovan McNabb entered the NFL).
                    Did any of them add dog fighting to the equation? Vick did revolutionize the position of QB in ways no one else has, before or since. He was a trailblazer.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Bolts get Flowers! Awesome! That fills a *HUGE* hole.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Not a surprise...

Arbitrator Stephen Burbank has ruled that Jimmy Graham is a tight end for franchise designation purposes.
                        Graham split off the line of scrimmage on 67 percent of his snaps last year, but he was drafted as a tight end, goes to tight end meetings and called himself a tight end in his Twitter bio. It led to the Saints winning the case, meaning they're scheduled to pay Graham $7.035 million on his one-year tender instead of the $12.312 million he would have gotten as a wide receiver.

The two sides will continue to work on a long-term deal before the July 15 deadline.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
                        Jul 2 - 12:11 PM
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• It was a long shot anyway... so yeah, no surprise.

I wonder if now if they will come to an understanding and split the difference.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Something to. keep in mind is the cumulative effect of injuries. One may be able,or made able, to play thrrough, injuries. At what point were they truly injury prone?
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Graham split off the line of scrimmage on 67 percent of his snaps last year
                              Does this mean that Fantasy football will class him as a WR?

Comment

• Almost certainly not.

Comment

Working...
                                X