No announcement yet.

NFL 2014 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But not injury prone it seems. You'd think you'd at least check a source before making comments like that.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• But not injury prone it seems. You'd think you'd at least check a source before making comments like that.
      I think 23 games is a little bit of a small sample.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• So what data did you use to determine that he's injury prone?

And I forgot to include the playoffs. Kaepernick is actually at 29 consecutive starts.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          I think 23 games is a little bit of a small sample.

Well don't make dumbass statements then, dumbass.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Agreed, 23 (I mean 29) games played 0 missed due to injury. You say the sample is too small to prove that he isn't injury prone while making the claim that he is. (based on what exactly) I can't believe they let you teach.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Is it because he's mobile? Russell Wilson is at 37 consecutive starts. Cam Newton is at 49 consecutive.

To put these numbers in perspective, if Cam played for the Jaguars, Lions, Bears, Vikings, or Titans, he'd be the franchise leader in consecutive starts from the QB position and two starts away from being the Cowboys and Texans franchise leader.

As this slightly outdated graph which shows all consecutive starts by QB's shows, even reaching 30 consecutive starts is not easy.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                To put these numbers in perspective, if Cam played for the Jaguars, Lions, Bears, Vikings, or Titans, he'd be the franchise leader in consecutive starts from the QB position and two starts away from being the Cowboys and Texans franchise leader.
                While that might be making more of a statement about the teams than the QB's, you make a valid point. Nice chart too... old, but it makes the point.

But again, I don't know how you can call a guy who's never missed a Pro Start (29 so far) injury prone. Must be another one of those Benland things...
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• So what data did you use to determine that he's injury prone?
                  His playing style?
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

His playing style?
                    Oh... you mean your opinion and not the actual facts?
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Like I said, Ben is saying he's black.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I guess in Benland, running QB's are the only QB's that get injured. Pocket passers NEVER get injured in Benland.

The fact is, players do get injured... Every player is one hit away from being toast.

It can happen anywhere on the field, and at any time, no matter what the player is doing.

The guy has played in 29 straight games, which is great for a QB... only in Benland is he injury prone.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Oh... you mean your opinion and not the actual facts?
                          I'm impressed by the Niners contract. They can abuse Kaepernik at zero risk to them. I wonder if they will sign on Shanahan too?

Comment

• played in 29 straight games, which is great for a QB

Rivers has a 1 in front of that.

Comment

• Like I said, Ben is saying he's black.
                              Wow. Imran's a racist. I said nothing of the sort. Kaepernik runs and gets hit like a running back. QBs who do this accumulate injuries more quickly and are less durable than QBs who stay behind the lines.

Pop quiz, since you're so obsessed with race name the most durable black QB in the NFL, ever.

Comment

Rivers has a 1 in front of that.
                                Tru dat!

But there is NO evidence that he is injury "PRONE" It's just your opinion based on no facts. He hasn't missed a game yet
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X