NFL 2014 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the Rams had a great draft
    I'm still irritated that they picked the guy I think the Bears wanted one pick before.
    Every pick that he wasn't selected I got my hope up. Oh well, you never know until later.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
      I'm still irritated that they picked the guy I think the Bears wanted one pick before.
      Every pick that he wasn't selected I got my hope up. Oh well, you never know until later.
      Remind me to laugh if he becomes a HOFer.
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Normally I don't follow it quite that closely but I'm in florida visiting my father, who isn't doing very well, so he was just resting and watching so we got more involved than normally
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I just hope Washington's picks contribute, and earlier rather than later. I like that they drafted two o-linemen pretty early. I'd like it better if RG3 stopped trying to be a tough quarterback and instead tried to be a smart quarterback.

Feels like I'm being to optimistic though.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• They were batteries wrapped in snowballs.
            Snowballs were thrown at Santa Claus, who wasn't even Santa Claus; he was a drunk in a low quality red suit.
            Could this be any more Philly?
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Gee if anyone says anything bad about the school you work for you demand an apology, but feel free to insult an entire city. What a hypocrite.
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• So Teddy Bridgewater is in the best situation to succeed as a rookie given where he went and how little the Vikings gave up to get him. Does anyone else have an offensive rookie of the year in mind?
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I love this after draft free agent signing by the Bears

NIU quarterback Jordan Lynch signs with Chicago Bears

By Kevin Patra

Jordan Lynch ended his college career as a Heisman Trophy finalist at the quarterback position.

Built more like a safety than a signal-caller, the Northern Illinois product went undrafted, but signed as a free agent Saturday with the Chicago Bears.

While the Bears drafted quarterback David Fales in the sixth round, coach Marc Trestman still wanted to add Lynch to the roster.

"He said, 'Look man, I want you here,'" agent Cliff Brady said, per the Chicago Tribune. "Trestman told him, 'I have 10 different things I can do with you, come with us. Come here and we'll make it work.'"

The question is whether Lynch will remain in the quarterback room or move to another position. During the draft process, some scouts viewed him as an in-the-box safety, while others saw him as a short-yardage running back.

Bears general manager Phil Emery noted Lynch's running ability Saturday -- the Bears need a goal-line back after cutting Michael Bush. Lynch said he's willing to do whatever it takes to make the roster.

"Whatever I can do to help a team out, I'm willing to do," he told the Tribune. "I'll run down the field on special teams."

UPDATED: We didn't have to wait long for our answer. The Bears listed Lynch as a running back Sunday when they announced the signing.

The bulldozing runner could have a role as the sledgehammer to the new Matt Forte-Ka'Deem Carey duo. He should also play a part in special teams. Whereas other running college quarterbacks have insisted on remaining under center when they made the leap to the NFL, Lynch made the right move to the backfield.

At the NFL Scouting Combine, Lynch ran running back drills for scouts. Per NFL Media's research team, he had the third-fastest three-cone drill (6.55) of all running backs since 2003. Of course, he also would have had the sixth-slowest running back 40 time at 4.76.
                  I LOVE IT!
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Normally I don't follow it quite that closely but I'm in florida visiting my father, who isn't doing very well, so he was just resting and watching so we got more involved than normally

I wish your family the best.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Longhorns out, gay player in: NFL teams drafted more gay players than Texas Longhorns in 2014.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                        I love this after draft free agent signing by the Bears

I LOVE IT!
                        At what point do you temper your excitement because you're a Bears fan and you know how these things go.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I'm all for tricky gimmicks if they work

also, Cutler can't* (hasn't yet) throw(n) an interception when he hands if off to a QB-turned-FB (or whatever)
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                            At what point do you temper your excitement because you're a Bears fan and you know how these things go.

Hey, it's the offseason. Every team gets to be excited until the first loss.
                            And considering that some of us are Cub fans, being a Bears fan is much less painful and filled with considerably more optimism.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Gee if anyone says anything bad about the school you work for you demand an apology, but feel free to insult an entire city. What a hypocrite
                              Last I checked my favourite player played for the Phillies. Half the fun of sports is making fun of opposing fans.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

being a Bears fan is much less painful and filled with considerably more optimism.
                                you know that's right
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X