NFL 2014 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
    [conspiracy]That interception was more staged that Katy Perry's show. It's so obvious the ass catch wasn't supposed to happen, and Carroll had to do something to make a loss look believable at the last minute. Bellycheck even knew it was going to happen, so he didn't call a TO.[/conspiracy]

Anyway, I'm glad we can finally put the Super Bowl behind us and get back to Deflategate.
    I would not be surprised one bit if NFL football turned out to be somewhat scripted. Not necessarily every play, but the overall narratives.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
      I would not be surprised one bit if NFL football turned out to be somewhat scripted. Not necessarily every play, but the overall narratives.
      That makes the Redskins comic relief.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• yup

the Bears too

btw, did anyone else see Brandon Marshall sitting with Roger Goodell? I could have sworn I saw them together in one of the luxury suites

edit: yup

weird
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Lots of Pete Carroll bashing all over the Interwebs today, obviously. This is the one that made me LOL:

Attached Files
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Someone needs to be made an example. Be it the HC, the OC and/or the QB.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
              Lots of Pete Carroll bashing all over the Interwebs today, obviously. This is the one that made me LOL:

edit: the aspect ratio on that is such that facebook cuts off the text from the thumbnail
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                Someone needs to be made an example. Be it the HC, the OC and/or the QB.
                I don't think anyone from the Seahawks is to blame (and boo to OC Darrell Bevell for throwing Ricardo Lockette under the bus post-game).

Here's the freeze-frame from when Russell Wilson is throwing the football. Lockette is open, but Malcolm Butler makes a tremendous break on it with the concentration to hang on to the INT:

Comment

• One of the reasons you don't throw in that situation is because of the risk of interception.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                    One of the reasons you don't throw in that situation is because of the risk of interception.
                    And one of the reasons you don't run is the risk of a fumble or botched hand-off.

Actually, up to that point, none of the 108 pass attempts this season from the 1-yard line was intercepted. (66 of those attempts resulted in a TD.)

Comment

• I mean, the results speak for themselves.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• A fade, maybe. Not to the middle in such compressed space.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Look at the pic Zopper posted. That should've been a TD. Based on that pic I'd bet 95% of the time that's a TD. Butler just made a great defensive play. I'd also say I agree with OC Bevell. The receiver should have been more aggressive to the ball.
                          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Read the paper. They knew that formation and the rookie made his break perfectly.

Comment

• It was a coaching faceoff, and Belichick was ultimately better prepared. More importantly, he never flinched in the endgame. Pretty impressive.

The flaw in Carroll's reasoning was his focus on taking the lead with no time on the clock. Nice idea. But he let that get in the way of the basics -- the actual taking of the lead.

He gets a miracle to get to the 5. Marshawn gets him to the 1 with 1:06 left. So he lets 40 seconds run off the clock, playing chicken with Belichick over timeouts. Belichick doesn't bite. Suddenly Carroll was down to :26 and had gone from many options to just a couple. Could've worked. Maybe even should've worked. But you saw the result.

You'll note that Belichick's approach on offense was distinctly different. He didn't even go to the trouble of running the clock down to the 2-minute warning. Score now, take the lead, then worry about defending it.

Fun game to watch. Which is all I was hoping for.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yeah, nice to see that there was actually something to talk about in the final minute. Much better than it being over by halftime.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X