No announcement yet.

NFL 2014 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, my "never get excited until the game is over" worked perfectly - I was subdued from start to finish.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• If it hadn't been intercepted, and they had won the game on that play, what do you think the press would be saying today

Hindsight is easy...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yeah, there is that. And one could say if everyone is complaining because they didn't run the play they all thought he should have maybe he was just trying not to do the one thing everyone expected.
        And yes if they had scored on that, I'm sure they would be calling him a genius today.

But having said all that, they should have handed the ball to ML.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• MRT is such a cool customer.

I can't imagine the rage I'd be feeling it this happened to the Bears.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Yeah, pretty cool but it must be easier since they have won it more recently then almost 30 years.
            I got married a few weeks before the last time the Bears won and I"ve been married for a long long time.
            (at least it helps me remember when I got married )
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Well hindsight is 20/20 but playing this stupid "chess match" when you have Marshawn Lynch is unacceptable. In the Bama OSU game OSU called a 35 yard pass when time was winding down - it went incomplete but it was a bad call.

We know bad play calls regardless of outcome.
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                Hindsight is easy...
                2nd and goal, 1 yard to goal, 25 seconds left, Super Bowl, Marshawn Lynch is your back.

Hindsight is not necessary to see how retarded that call was.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Interviews with some of the Seahawks players seem to indicate that they, too, were mystified by the call.

I give Pete Carroll credit for taking the heat. No blame-dodging, no finger-pointing.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Oh, and in case you were wondering...

Tom Brady dismissed the idea of going out on top and retiring after the Patriots' Super Bowl win.
                    "No. I've got a lot of football left," Brady said.
                    He'll be 38 when next season starts.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• It will be interesting when both he and Manning retire. I wonder if they'll end up as talking heads on one of the networks.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Brady doesn't have the gift of gab.

Comment

• Brady will probably turn into a sports fitness guy. His PR people have been turning up the volume on that aspect of his career. I'm still not convinced he's going to end his career in NE though. I think it would be the smart thing to do, but he's going to take Favre-ian levels of degradation to get off the field. Then again, it's not like going to the Chiefs hurt Montana after his playing career was over, so maybe it's not that horrible an idea for him.
                          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• [conspiracy]That interception was more staged that Katy Perry's show. It's so obvious the ass catch wasn't supposed to happen, and Carroll had to do something to make a loss look believable at the last minute. Bellycheck even knew it was going to happen, so he didn't call a TO.[/conspiracy]

Anyway, I'm glad we can finally put the Super Bowl behind us and get back to Deflategate.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                              Brady doesn't have the gift of gab.

They may as well be talking about Brady.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                                Well hindsight is 20/20 but playing this stupid "chess match" when you have Marshawn Lynch is unacceptable. In the Bama OSU game OSU called a 35 yard pass when time was winding down - it went incomplete but it was a bad call.

We know bad play calls regardless of outcome.
                                I heard that Lynch was 1 in 5 in similar situations this season.
                                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X