No announcement yet.

NHL Playoffs thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYR vs. WSH - Washington should take this, but then they shouldn't have just squeaked into the playoffs either. I still think they have one more round left in them. Washington in 7.
    PHI vs. NJ - Too much Philly firepower and Brodeur isn't quite as good as he used to be. Philadelphia in 6.
    STL vs. LA - A coin toss. I'll take LA's on paper superiority in 6.
    NSH vs. PHO - I have trouble believing Phoenix is for real. I also can't cheer for the league's debacle. Nashville in 5.
    Last edited by Kontiki; April 27, 2012, 09:43. Reason: Typo
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• WAS over NYR in 6
      PHI over NJ in 5

STL over LA in 5
      NSH over PHX in 4

Comment

• Reminder: picks due in about 11 hours.

8 players still have picks outstanding.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• NYR in 7
          PHI in 5

STL in 6
          NSH in 6
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

• NY over WAS in 6
            PHI over NJ in 6

STL over LA in 5
            NSH over PHX in 6
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• NYR in 6
              PHI in 5

LA in 7
              NSH in 6
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• NYR in 6
                PHI in 6
                STL in 6
                NSH in 6
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Some random notes as the clock ticks below eight hours for our remaining picks (Ben Kenobi, demonbinder, mrboo123, and Flubber):

There are two players--Asher and gjramsey--who are still eligible for all six bonus Stanley Cup Finals bonus points. Asher has the Rangers over the Blues, gjr the opposite. mrboo123 is the only other player who still has their Cup pick alive (the Kings) for four potential points; all eleven other players saw their Champ go down in round one.

Three other players have their Cup runner-up alive, and could get two bonus points: joncha (Rangers), Garth Vader (Blues), Jonny (Predators).

Only four players (Garth, kontiki, Ming, demonbinder) got a bonus point last round for picking the right number of games.

As a group, we went 48-64 in round one. We suck.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                    As a group, we went 48-64 in round one.

That'll happen when you have a large number of upsets. We still suck, but for different reasons.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Although I'm not participating in your game, Guy, here are my predictions for conference semifinal winners:
                      Capitals
                      Flyers
                      Blues
                      Predators

I don't have a number of games prediction.

Comment

• NYR in 5
                        PHI in 6

STL in 7
                        NSH in 7

Comment

• Awesome Force Ghost, Joncha.

WAS over NYR in 7
                          PHI over NJ in 4

LA over STL in 5
                          NSH over PHX in 5
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            Some random notes as the clock ticks below eight hours for our remaining picks (Ben Kenobi, demonbinder, mrboo123, and Flubber):

There are two players--Asher and gjramsey--who are still eligible for all six bonus Stanley Cup Finals bonus points. Asher has the Rangers over the Blues, gjr the opposite. mrboo123 is the only other player who still has their Cup pick alive (the Kings) for four potential points; all eleven other players saw their Champ go down in round one.

Three other players have their Cup runner-up alive, and could get two bonus points: joncha (Rangers), Garth Vader (Blues), Jonny (Predators).

Only four players (Garth, kontiki, Ming, demonbinder) got a bonus point last round for picking the right number of games.

As a group, we went 48-64 in round one. We suck.
                            I was going to pick Boston as my cup pick, but then changed my mind and went Penguins. Dodged a bullet there
                            Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

• NYR over Washington in 6
                              PHI over NJ in 6

LA over St Louis in 7
                              Nashvile over PHX in 5
                              Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• WASH in 6
                                NJ in 6
                                LA in 6
                                NSH in 5

I actually think that St Louis are now a likely cup contender but trailing in the game I have to take some less popular options. Last round I picked lots of upsets but simply all the wrong ones.. Damn you Ottawa-- I believed
                                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                                X