No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you just say what you mean? "Robo AJ"?? Who or what is that?
    Chances are if you don't understand, the post wasn't directed at you.

I made a bet with Sparrowhawk regarding PR. Sparrowhawk knows what I mean. I'm supposed to make just the picks next year in IDP, hence 'RoboAJ', no commentary, just picks.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I don't value a guy throwing 40 times a game for 300 yards 2 TDs and 2 picks
      How about a player with this?

14-25 167 1TD 1INT
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• I don't think Russell Wilson has a chance in heck of winning RotY. He's a game manager, and doing a very good job of it, but I didn't see any MVP votes for Trent Dilfer in 2001 (who had remarkably close stats to those Ben just posted in the superbowl, 12 completions for 153 yards and 1TD).

I probably give it to Luck, but RG3 has a very good argument also. Luck's team is significantly worse - listen to sports radio that's all they say really, how bad his team is and how Luck is the only reason they're 9-4 and not 2-11. RG3 has a much better team around him, on both sides of the ball; his RBs are better, his WRs are better (well, deeper anyway, nobody's better than Reggie Wayne on that team) and his O-line is better.

Doug Martin is certainly not the only part of the TB offense. I don't know who said that, but he was smoking something. Josh Freeman is a pretty good QB, and Vincent Jackson is a very good WR. Doug Martin is certainly very good, and in a season without a superstar QB (or two) he'd be a compelling RotY, but his stats just aren't mindbogglingly good enough to qualify this year. I agree that they'd have to be Adrian Peterson level to win this year - if not better.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Donte Stallworth appearance? Where'd he even come from?
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I'm still wondering about Ben Tate? He was on my "where are they now?" list.

Comment

• Tate's been injured over half the season. Tonight was his return to action.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I never understood Donte Stallworth. Apparently a ton of teams think he's good enough to roster because he's played for the Saints, Eagles, Patriots x2 (really x3 since he was cut in the preseason), Browns, Ravens, and Redskins, but no one seems to keep him more than a year. Strange that someone could be good enough to always get work but not good enough that a team is willing to keep him around.

If Braylon Edwards plays somewhere in 2013, he'd be the same type of player.
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• What team do you think has the best shot at playing a "meaningful*" game in Week 17?

* "meaningful" can be whatever definition you care to give it (making the playoffs, playing for home field advantage, getting a wild card spot, getting the #1 pick in the draft).
                  "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Cowboys vs. Steelers is meaningful to both.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Sorry Sloww, I just realized I wasn't very clear there. What I meant to ask was, this week's games (Week 15) has several teams in meaningful games (including Cowboys/Steelers), but looking ahead to Week 17, the final week of the season, traditionally has several teams who are no longer playing for anything, so given that, what team or game do you think has the most chance of being meaningful come Week 17?

Code:
                      Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Tampa Bay  at  Atlanta 1:00 PM 
                      Sun, 30 Dec 2012 NY Jets  at  Buffalo 1:00 PM 
                      Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Baltimore  at  Cincinnati 1:00 PM 
                      Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Chicago  at  Detroit 1:00 PM 
                      Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Jacksonville  at  Tennessee 1:00 PM 
                      Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Houston  at  Indianapolis 1:00 PM 
                      Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Green Bay  at  Minnesota 1:00 PM 
                      Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Miami  at  New England 1:00 PM 
                      Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Carolina  at  New Orleans 1:00 PM 
                      Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Philadelphia  at  NY Giants 1:00 PM 
                      Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Cleveland  at  Pittsburgh 1:00 PM 
                      Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Dallas  at  Washington 1:00 PM 
                      Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Kansas City  at  Denver 4:25 PM 
                      Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Oakland  at  San Diego 4:25 PM 
                      Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Arizona  at  San Francisco 4:25 PM 
                      Sun, 30 Dec 2012 St. Louis  at  Seattle 4:25 PM
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• May be meaningful:
                        BAL@CIN (BAL may be playing for anything from a bye to a wildcard spot; CIN still has hope of a wildcard)
                        CHI@DET (CHI could be playing either for the division or for a WC berth depending on week 15's result)
                        GB@MIN (for both teams - GB could be playing for the division, MIN could be playing for a WC berth)
                        PHI@NYG (could determine the NFC East division winner)
                        DAL@WAS (ditto)
                        HOU@IND (if IND wins out, this is for the division)

Comment

• Assuming the Jets beat TEN and SD and the Steelers and Bengals each lose a game or two, Jets at Buffalo could push the Jets into the playoffs

Comment

• If the Jets somehow make the playoffs, it's an indictment against the entire AFC.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• This is why I'm in favor of not only not expanding the playoffs, but getting rid of the conferences. Take the 8 divisions winners and seed them 1-8 giving the top 4 a bye. The other 4 get home games against the next 4 best teams regardless of conference. Yes, a 7-9 team could still make the playoffs if they win their division, but an 11 win team would not miss out like happened to the 2008 Patriots.
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Eagles try to make it a game with CIN, then have 3 fumbles in 4 plays, including a muffed kickoff return (don't see that often). CIN turns those into 17 points to go up big. One of those days for the three Eagles fans remaining...

Comment

Working...
                                X