No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again, not saying he isn't/can't be good. I just didn't think SF had that much leverage when everyone knew they needed to dump him.

Remember, KC's 2nd rounder is basically a low #1 (#33 overall).
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• 34 overall, but I'll give you that. I think that SF had the leverage of the open market, which was enough to get basically half of the Jay Cutler trade even if you call this a first rounder. SF certainly did well here, but I think KC also benefits.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Well, now Frisco has an extra high draft pick and an extra $8million (or whatever) in cap space.
        Nicely done; good for them.

Meanwhile, the Bears #28-rated left tackle is busted for drugs. That's no way to impress your new boss, J'Marcus!
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Posted prior to the trade:

The Sacramento Bee hears that the 49ers will likely be getting a fourth-round pick in the 2013 draft for Alex Smith.
          If the Niners pull off the widely speculated trade with the Chiefs, they'd add the first pick of the fourth round. It's nothing close to what the Eagles got for Kevin Kolb or the Patriots for Matt Cassel, but Smith has earned a reputation as a game manager. During his 75 career starts, he's completed just 59.3 percent of his passes and averaged 6.6 yards per attempt.
          This was posted by Jay Glazer shortly after the trade was announced:
          Chiefs acquired QB Alex Smith from the 49ers in exchange for a second-round draft pick in 2013 and a conditional third-round pick in the 2014 draft.
          Four years after trading for the Patriots' backup quarterback, the Chiefs have swung a deal for the 49ers' clipboard holder. The price tag is shocking. The Niners received the 34th pick this year plus a 2014 conditional third-rounder that can escalate to an additional second-rounder -- for a career game manager. Smith is an upgrade on Cassel, but his mediocre skill set prevents offenses from playing explosive football and threatening downfield.
          So I'm not alone in raising eyebrows on this. I actually kind of like Smith, but he's never been much of a playmaker IMHO.

Comment

• SF has a load of picks this year. I think that is part of the reason they got rid of Smith. More cap space and lots of picks.

Comment

• As long as Kaepernick can stay healthy, it's a good move. Scott Tolzien is now the backup.
              And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• He won't be by training camp. They will get another mobile QB shortly, I'm sure.

Comment

• Maybe they can pick up Alex Smith again...
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Bears place franchise tag on Melton. They really need to redo some deals to get more space under the cap. I believe with the tag that means they only have about $3.5-4M left and still have lots of contracts to work on. Hopefully they'll get a deal worked out with Melton and be able to get more flexibility.

Comment

• Here's the wildcard in NFL free agency this year:

Miami has $45 million in salary cap space this offseason.
                      P Brandon Fields is the only veteran player the team has under contract through 2015. They do have seven 2012 rookies signed through 2015, including QB Ryan Tannehill.

Comment

Working...
                      X