No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Cutler will still be trying to get out of the way. No, best build that OL.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
      Oh, I know the offense and my boy Cutler would suffer, but it would be damn fun watching Rodgers and Stafford run for their lives on every play.
      Yeah but you want to build this the way the Giants did: through the draft, not through expensive free agency.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• You have to hope to build up the OL through the draft. Good O-linemen don't usually become available in free agency. I would love to see Williams at DE for Bears if they can swing it and not cost them elsewhere.

Comment

• Randy Moss is a 49er
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Peyton Manning met with the Dolphins in Indianapolis... that's good for Miami. They've always been better on the road.

Comment

• ... Did Speer just make a joke?
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• and not a bad one at that.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                  Randy Moss is a 49er
                  (I think)
                  And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• OK, the appointed time has passed. Let the signings begin!
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Brandon Marshall traded to the Chicago Bears!

Comment

• Holy crap, I thought it was a joke!!

Beat guy Jay Glazer:
                        Rookie Bears GM Phil Emery's first major move on the job was a doozy. The third-round picks will be in 2012 and 2013. The Dolphins are left with Brian Hartline, Davone Bess, and Clyde Gates as their top three wide receivers, and are hardly assured so much as a defensive or offensive starter via either of the picks. The Bears have a true No. 1 receiver for the first time since the 1960s, give or take a Willie Gault, or a Marcus Robinson. We like the fit for Marshall from a fantasy perspective. Jay Cutler showed no fear in targeting him relentlessly with the Broncos. Whether Marshall keeps his head on straight enough to make the trade worthwhile remains to be seen.
                        And for a pair of 3rd rounders? A steal.
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Definite steal. And this seems to take Miami out of the running for Peyton Manning unless they can get Reggie Wayne.

Comment

• Agreed. No way they trade Marshall if they have a shot at Manning.
                            My guess is that Peyton shot them down and that's why they pulled the trigger on this.

Comment

• Pierre Garcon just joined the Washington Redskins.

Comment

• By trading for Marshall, who is a better WR than V-Jax, the Bears clearly are going to push for Williams and go OL heavy in the draft.

GREAT move by new Bears GM Phil Emery!
                                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X