No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye Norv. Let's hope the announcement tomorrow is that you lose your job.

Chargers still winless with Mathews in the lineup.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Congrats to Rex Ryan and Andy Reid. Both will lose their job over stubborn insistence to start Sanchez and Vick until forced to pull them. Dumb asses.

Romo had a good night.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I think it's been amply proven by now that Philadelphia's woes aren't due to Vick.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I suspect if you had asked me earlier today or earlier this weekend I would have said NYG to win, but as the game gets closer I am now thinking Redskins and RGIII over the Giants and OM (Other Manning).
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
            I think it's been amply proven by now that Philadelphia's woes aren't due to Vick.
            Let Sloww and Ben have their stupid narrative and blame it all on Vick.

And Rex isn't going anywhere.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              And Rex isn't going anywhere.
              Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease--

Wait, can we get a "Sanchize isn't going anywhere" too?

/Patsfans
              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease--

Wait, can we get a "Sanchize isn't going anywhere" too?

/Patsfans
                From what I understand, the terms of his contract are appealing to the Jets and they may keep him rostered another year. I would not be surprised if he's in a QB competition next preseason. Regardless, I expect him to remain a Jet in 2013.
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Yeah, I know, Tanny is awesome like that. I just like to hear it.
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• How in the world is Adrian Peterson this good? 1,446 yards, 6.2 yards per attempt, and 8 TDs - with Christian Ponder as his QB.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      From what I understand, the terms of his contract are appealing to the Jets and they may keep him rostered another year. I would not be surprised if he's in a QB competition next preseason. Regardless, I expect him to remain a Jet in 2013.
                      You wouldn't be surprised? No ****? He's a serviceable backup, but if Ryan tries starting him next year, he's cutting his own throat.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• You're assuming Rex Ryan will be back next year. For the Jets, THAT would be cutting their own throat.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Rex will be back and Sanchez will be still a Jet in a QB competition with someone.

The Jets are going to finish 8-8.

After the Saints beat the Falcons the first time, I wrote two things on a piece of paper: "Jets 8-8 or better; Saints 8-8 or worse" and put it up in one of my co-workers' cubicle (someone who thought the Saints were making the playoffs). I still stand by both.

Comment

• Jets 8-8, maybe, but certainly not a lock - not even sure it's 50-50 at this point. Rex is gone. Unless he has some of Andy Reid's incriminating evidence that puts Eagles and Jets owners together running a pyramid scheme... he's gone.
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• @JAC, @TEN, vs SD, @BUF. I see why you think they'll finish 8-8. I think they'll lose to SD and one of (BUF, TEN, JAC); possibly two. 8-8 is the upside right now...
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                                You're assuming Rex Ryan will be back next year. For the Jets, THAT would be cutting their own throat.
                                I was trying to minimize the mistakes Alby could spout. It didn't work.

Comment

Working...
                                X