No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phil Dawson has been a Brown for 13 years and he's solid. We've seen some bad young kickers lately so I imagine the Browns want to mitigate the risk of trotting out the next Graham Gano next year.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I have no problem with the Browns doing Dawson a solid. But that's all it is. Any kicker who can only produce 10 touchbacks in a season does not have the leg to compete under current rules. Certainly no one would be trying to sign Dawson away from Cleveland.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Really, the most interesting thing about it is that the Browns didn't use the franchise tag on Peyton Hillis.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

The Hillis thing didn't really surprise me. Fumble-prone and had injury issues last year.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Colston may well leave. This bust was just what the Saints didn't need. Still, rich is rich, and he's already rich. Rings aren't so easily acquired.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Hmmm... looks like the Steelers are still cap strapped even after letting go of some big name vets. Perhaps, with the Bears being so much under the cap, Emery will be smart enough to realize that not only is Wallace a known elite reciever, but paying a bit more cash and a #1 is well worth the shot at an unkown rookie WR. Push for Wallace, boys! (not that we have that much influence...)
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                The Hillis thing didn't really surprise me. Fumble-prone and had injury issues last year.
                I didn't say surprise. I said interesting. Nothing's surprising considering the way he milked his illness, his injury, and was a total headcase. That is to say, I agree with you.

Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                Hmmm... looks like the Steelers are still cap strapped even after letting go of some big name vets. Perhaps, with the Bears being so much under the cap, Emery will be smart enough to realize that not only is Wallace a known elite reciever, but paying a bit more cash and a #1 is well worth the shot at an unkown rookie WR. Push for Wallace, boys! (not that we have that much influence...)
                Not happening

I don't even know why you want Mike Wallace. He's undersized and primarily a deep threat. Don't you want a big-bodied, possession-type like Brandon Marshall?

Comment

Certainly guys like Marshall, Vincent Jackson, and Megatron are what I'm most interested in seeing the Bears pursue.

Sadly, guys like that are in pretty short supply.

Comment

Vincent Jackson is interesting because he has the body of a possession guy but he's primarily a deep-threat. Only 60 catches in 16 games last year at 18.4 yard a catch. That's Desean Jackson-like. On a per game basis, he's equally erratic as any small, big-play guy... A lot of <50 yard games mixed with a few >125 yard ones.

Comment

He'd be a huge upgrade. The big body is red zone fodder; that's what's important.

Comment

This is interesting from the Washington Post's Mark Maske's Twitter:

The NFL is considering severe penalties, including lengthy suspensions, in the Saints bounty case. In some cases, the suspensions under consideration could be a half-season or longer, according to a person familiar with the case. Among those who could face significant suspensions are Gregg Williams, Sean Payton, Mickey Loomis and those players most heavily involved. Some of the penalties could be "unprecedented," according to one person familiar with the case.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Typical over reacting by the NFL to cover their asses... What a bunch of BS
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

They want to make it cost-prohibitive for other teams to get caught doing the same thing.

Comment

The wussification of America Continues.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yes, because intending to injure other players makes you a "man".
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X