NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    Yes, because intending to injure other players makes you a "man".
    Not only intending to injure other players but being financially rewarded to do so! Paid for concussions and cart-offs.

What's interesting, though, is the Saints defense were in the top half of the league for unnecessary roughness, unsportsman-like conduct, etc. penalties but weren't at the very top. It's possible that despite the bounty system, they weren't particular effective.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I can't edit my post. Anyone else having problems with the box not being there?

But like I said, that's Buddy Ryan football so of course Ming and rah are cool with it.
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

On other forums, I have heard from Saints fans that one of the big complaints of the last few years was that the players seemed to be going for the "big hit" rather than making the fundamental tackle. This was obviously the reason why. But perhaps why they weren't #1 on penalties was that the bounty may have been on certain players & overexertion and overpersuit of those handful of players may have made them miss a bunch of tackles.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

You mean like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            But like I said, that's Buddy Ryan football so of course Ming and rah are cool with it.
            Yeah... I'm cool with LEGAL but hard hits.
            But I guess you are too stupid to think that players haven't been going after other teams stars since the beginning of football.
            Keep you head in the sand and continue to be ignorant.
            The fact that they put a small payment system together (which was insignificant compared to what they make to actually play, and paid to hit hard in the first place) is no different than friendly poker games, bets on fantasy football, NCAA pools, and other small time wagering, which maybe illegal, but totally fine with most people.

And I thought this was all about the Saints and Williams.... not Buddy Ryan.
            But as usual, you have to act like a moron... which is no surprise considering most of your thoughts and opinions.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

We'll see if this changes the offer to Matt Forte and maybe get him off the franchise tag.

Comment

Ming really is an *******.

Anyway, John Clayton is saying the Bears are going to make a big push for Vincent Jackson.

Comment

Gee... Alby, you started it.

Such a moron... As usual, you are being an ass, and a stupid one at that.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

You're truly an *******, Ming.

Anyway...

The New Orleans Saints will work out former All-Pro receiver Randy Moss on Tuesday, multiple sources told FoxSports.com on Monday.

Comment

I do think it's important to distinguish between "boys making side bets" (locker room stuff, which frankly no one cares about) from what's actually alleged, which was management - especially coaches - endorsing headhunting tactics. Yes, the behavior has always been there and probably always will be. Rewarding and incentivizing that behavior is the issue. And if any of that money is not strictly between players, then you've got salary cap issues, even just a payoff for an INT.

Sure, the NFL is kidding itself if they think punishment and prohibition will end all bounties. I'm pretty sure they know that, duh.

But still, the league is right to treat this seriously.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        You're truly an *******, Ming.
                        Coming from a jerk and a moron like you... thanks for the compliment
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                          Yes, because intending to injure other players makes you a "man".
                          This is not about intending to injure players, it's the indignation over something that has been and always will be a part of football. Yes they shouldn't be blatant and offer money for it. But stopping the money isn't going to change it. As long as it's a legal hit fine. If it's not, punish them.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            And if any of that money is not strictly between players, then you've got salary cap issues, even just a payoff for an INT.
                            That's the secondary issue. Lots of potential salary cap issues, esp if the Saints were pushing up against the limit these "bonuses" would likely have pushed them over and thus they've been in violation of the salary cap which carries its own draft day penalties.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

For these players making hundreds of thousands of dollars, what's the difference between $1000 for a big hit and a 'buckeye' sticker for Ohio State?
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Yeah... a couple of thousand here or there for these guys is pocket change...
                                Oh, and you do remember that the money comes from the players in the first place... the pool is usually created by fining the players for doing things wrong. So it's more a matter of redistribution...

But sure, go ahead and bring up cap issues... yeah... right.
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X