Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh and I noticed the football bunch did a lot of sending their picks to other people to keep the draft moving-- I think we should encourage that
    Yep, that's the only reason we finished on time.

As for the 8am to 10pm, understand that the shorter the counting period, the more likely you get carryovers (BAPAYs that extend to the next day). I only ever had one time when my pick came up at 5am, and that burned off a count of 2 and a half hours. I finished with under 4 hours on my count for all my picks. It's unlikely given an 8am start that west coast folks will face a similar situation.

Anyways, good luck folks!
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
      As it stands, I regard the extra bench spot to be a dead issue. Eight votes, and only three in favour of a rule change.
      I agree. It would have been nice to have a spare for each position but if people don't want it, I see no reason to push (this bunch is pretty status quo on most things)

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post

It looks like we will have two fewer teams than last year. 12 is a nice number.
      I actually think 12 is my ideal size league when balancing all the considerations
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
        Three days to the beginning of the draft.

Any objections? Refinements?
        None-- Although I might have had the clock on for a greater portion of the day, I agree with Asher that we can refine that and anything else we need, if necessary. Overall I think the rules are good (and pretty dang generous). If people are getting BAPAYed with these rules they are not really trying very hard to be available.
        Last edited by Flubber; September 7, 2009, 12:42.
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          Yep, that's the only reason we finished on time.
          You football guys had some folks that were being chronically BAPAYed. Most of the guys in this hockey draft have been here before and many are super fast.

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

As for the 8am to 10pm, understand that the shorter the counting period, the more likely you get carryovers (BAPAYs that extend to the next day). I only ever had one time when my pick came up at 5am, and that burned off a count of 2 and a half hours. I finished with under 4 hours on my count for all my picks. It's unlikely given an 8am start that west coast folks will face a similar situation.
          Four hours total-- thats really good-- I don't anticipate being as fast as that. I figure though if you routinely get your pick down in an hour or two, you are more than doing your job in keeping things moving

Comment

• So NYE-- will you soon arrange that randomizing thingy? I am looking forward to the draft order

Comment

• Leanne will be drafting via me, by the way. Computer at home is out of commission.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                Leanne will be drafting via me, by the way. Computer at home is out of commission.
                Ya ya

we all know that Leanne is just one of your multiple personalities . Hopefully you can summon her whenever her turn comes up.

Comment

• I expect her (and you) to show up at a PolyMeet sometime during the season to prove you're not just her DL

After all, inside every straight woman is a gay man just begging to be let out, right?
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Could someone other than Imran or Flubber go to

This page allows you to generate randomized sequences of integers using true randomness, which for many purposes is better than the pseudo-random number algorithms typically used in computer programs.

and generate a sequence of 12 numbers?

Please post the sequence here.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• We use the list posted with the earliest timestamp.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Random sequence posted by rah and the scrambled list I sent to Flubber and Imran

snoopy369
                        Sparrowhawk
                        Flubber
                        Leanne
                        Kontiki
                        Imran
                        Guynemer
                        Asher
                        joncha
                        mrboo123
                        Cavalcadeus
                        notyoueither

Edit to add the rules for the BAPAY.

A. The draft timer is turned off from 10PM to 8AM Eastern time. Night owls should feel free to continue with picks during this period, but no one will be penalised for sleeping.

1. 12 hours for the first 3 rounds
                        2. 6 hours thereafter
                        3. If a person has been BAPAYed the previous round and has not been in contact since, they are BAPAYed immediatedly upon their turn arising until they are sighted again
                        4. BAPAY to be done as a intelligent BAPAY-- use the list strictly except for the obvious PIM anomolies. best player is picked to fill any available starters roles first. If all starters are picked its just BAPAY all the way.
                        4a. Intelligent extends beyond what is strictly on the list. Common sense and the rule of the reasonable should be used. Ex: towards the end of the draft there are likely to be a lot of goalies, rookies, and defencemen in relatively high positions who have not been drafted; a player should not be loaded up with goalies and rookies on his bench.
                        4b. Players unavailable should not be drafted as BAPAYs. Ex: Jagr, Radulov, Emery from years past.
                        5. Any manager can BAPAY by posting the pick and starting the clock for the next player.
                        6. Any manager who has been BAPAYed may change the BAPAY chosen player for another available, undrafted player during the period up to and including the time the draft returns to that manager for his/her immediately following draft choice. Ex: you may change your 6th (BAPAYed) draft choice any time prior to or when you make your 7th draft choice.
                        Last edited by notyoueither; September 8, 2009, 20:44.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

• I went to the link just because I was curious and it would have been a good one for you NYE. I was 10th but Imran was 3rd and NYE was drafting numero uno-- oh well--

Comment

• Hmm...5th. I can live with that. I didn't actually like having the #1 pick last year, since having the 28th pick after that really sucked.
                            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• I see the actual list is even worse for me -- arrrgh-- well the three people that had the random names are 9th , 11th and 12th --- ouch ( I don't really subscribe to the idea that later postion is better

snoopy369 10
                              Sparrowhawk 8
                              Flubber 12
                              Leanne 7
                              Kontiki 4
                              Imran 9
                              Guynemer 2
                              Asher 6
                              joncha 3
                              mrboo123 1
                              Cavalcadeus 5
                              notyoueither 11

Comment

• Here's the first two rounds to make it easy for people. I'll put the full 14 rounds in the first couple posts of this thread to make it easy for people at either end of the snake.

1.1 mrboo123
                                1.2 Guynemer
                                1.3 joncha
                                1.4 Kontiki
                                1.5 Cavalcadeus
                                1.6 Asher
                                1.7 Leanne
                                1.8 Sparrowhawk
                                1.9 Imran
                                1.10 snoopy369
                                1.11 notyoueither
                                1.12 Flubber

2.1 Flubber
                                2.2 notyoueither
                                2.3 snoopy369
                                2.4 Imran
                                2.5 Sparrowhawk
                                2.6 Leanne
                                2.7 Asher
                                2.8 Cavalcadeus
                                2.9 Kontiki
                                2.10 joncha
                                2.11 Guynemer
                                2.12 mrboo123
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X