This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher View Post
    If you want I can stir **** with someone new. Maybe you.
    nah I don't take the board serious enough to get riled up here

I don't really want a big crapfest in here either but it would be nice if there was a bit more chatter
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

If you are waiting for more votes, mine is with leaving it the same as prior years (though I am happy with the appathy option too ).

[action=Sparrowhawk][/action]
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Flubber, by the way, they use 'Rank' and 'O-Rank' in hockey instead of Actual/Projected. O-Rank is 'Projected' (ie, Yahoo's generic projections), while Rank is 'Actual' (ie, last year's actual performance, with our league's scoring settings).
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Leanne is in BTW.

She's also indifferent on the extra bench spot.
          Last edited by Asher; September 2, 2009, 12:48.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Check out the "what's new": http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.co...ures?lid=93246

Most importantly, Stat Tracker is now free. We can also tweak the playoff format if we want. Can also make league divisions now.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
              Flubber, by the way, they use 'Rank' and 'O-Rank' in hockey instead of Actual/Projected. O-Rank is 'Projected' (ie, Yahoo's generic projections), while Rank is 'Actual' (ie, last year's actual performance, with our league's scoring settings).
              O rank is the list I posted which, as I said yesterday, HAD to be based on projected since it included Emery. I am ok with either list -- both have some anomolies as a predictor for this year since I assume anyone that was off with an injury for a while last year would be much lower in rank than O rank. (and O rank just had some downright weirdness in it)

It is good to see that the position errors in yesterday's article are not carried through into the actual lists from which we draft. I caught about a dozen just on a cursory look.
              Last edited by Flubber; September 2, 2009, 13:54.
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

In general I think Rank is better, though certainly there are arguments both ways. Hockey isn't quite as bad as football with injuries (you don't tend to have too many players miss most/all of the season, while in football it's very common), and removing rookies from the BAPAY list is fine (Rookies aren't really all that easy to rank anyway).

Comment

For extra bench spot (increase to 5):
                  nye
                  Flubber
                  mrboo123

Against extra bench spot (leave at 4)
                  snoopy369
                  Kontiki
                  Sparrowhawk

Don't care
                  Asher
                  Leanne
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Need to register
                    Kontiki
                    Guynemer
                    Sparrowhawk
                    Cavalcadeus
                    Leanne aka User Name to be Announced

Imran can join last minute is needed.

Unique URL set to 'http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/ahl_apolytonhockey'

ID: 93246
                    pwd: pandasex

In so far
                    Asher
                    mrboo123
                    Flubber
                    Kontiki
                    Guynemer
                    snoopy369
                    Sparrowhawk
                    notyoueither
                    joncha
                    Cavalcadeus
                    Leanne aka User Name to be Announced

Imran*

* Will play if even number needed

Room for more, if any of you know people who would be interested and who would carry thorugh for the season. I'm not too excited about chain gangs leading to dead benches.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• The Draft Begins Sept 9th

We will have a forum draft, here, beginning on Sept 9th. I'll send out nag messages towards the weekend to people who do not pop around, say hi, and speak ill of either the Flames or Canucks.

So, unless you want to receive nag-notes with notices of the draft, and images from Asher's stash of Fez images, show some sign of life that a potted plant would not possess.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

• Imran can join last minute is needed.

Already PM'ed nye saying I'm still up for it if you need one more. Just though I'd let the rest of y'all know as well.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Potted plants

Comment

• Excellent-- So it looks like a 12 team league (unless we find two more managers)-- I actually think thats the ideal number for a league. It results in the most balanced schedule, a reasonably fast draft and a better waiver wire (as snoopy likes to see)

I am looking forward to it. I will actually be in the Atlantic time zone for the commencement of the draft and will be returning back to Calgary on Friday so I will be unavailable for a few hours while on a plane but I will check in during my layover in TO

Comment

• Oh and a silly question-- The thread says 3 members are viewing the thread but only my name appears. Is there a reason why people don't want others to know they are viewing a thread?

Comment

• Yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X