This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
    I think our BAPAY time has been 12 hours in the past. I like the 'intelligent' BAPAY idea. I also like that they allow the manager to change the BAPAYed pick within so many following choices.

We have 8 'starting' positions. I would be happy with a diminishing BAPAY timer in the ninth and following rounds.
    12 hours is really generous but since we managed the draft with no difficulty in the past with that I would be good with that again.(we can shorten for later rounds but if the draft is going quickly I would tend to give people time if they are occasionally unavailable

With hockey its pretty easy to come up with some simple BAPAY rules that would result in a person getting a reasonable player consistent with the round in which they are picked. The only real concern is avoiding the goons that Yahoo ranks so high for PIM (If someone is consistently BAPAYed we need to watch position mix too I guess)
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber View Post
      ] Sept 15 (which Asher characterized as "ridiculously late").
      I'm a keener.

Earlier the better for me. Gives us time to contemplate picks.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Sent email to
        Cavalcadeus
        CrONoS
        Ninot
        Hot Mustard
        cinch

Tingkai does not receive email from Poly or through Yahoo leagues. Pekka does not receive email through Poly.

Inflamatory thread started in OT to collect KrazyHorse, and maybe a few others. CrONoS reports lack of time during the draft period.

Sent PMs to Jonny, Jaguar, Sava.

I'm not sure what to do about Ben. There is some bad blood that goes beyond hurt feelings on some parts.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Thanks for the message nye. I'd be up for playing again this season. I'm jumping around between work and my parents place right now, so i'm pretty well shot for internet access till I get back to school after labour day. I'd be good to start drafting from the 9th onwards though.

Comment

Good. That makes ten.

It would be nice to get 2 or 4 more. Anyone have any ideas? Want to recruit from other forums? Willing to stand on the side of the freeway with a sign?
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I might be able to convince one of my friends to join.
              Last edited by Asher; September 2, 2009, 12:38.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

That would be good. Would that be Leanne (?) from the blog? It would be nice to have an intelligent Flames fan around here.

[action=notyoueither]pokes Flubber[/action]
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

Don't be wary of an odd number, BTW. Imran will join if needed to round out the schedule.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

That would be good. Would that be Leanne (?) from the blog? It would be nice to have an intelligent Flames fan around here.

Intelligence on poly??
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Yes, that'd be her.

Comment

I'd just like to state for the record that KrazyHorse is a giant *****.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Leanne says she's interested in the regular draft, so she's penciled in for now. Not confirmed though.

She was at the Team Canada Olympic camp at the 'dome yesterday and posted impressions today BTW. She doesn't think Phaneuf will make the cut.

So I thought it was a bit early for hockey yet... and I guess I was wrong about that. We managed to, yes, SELL OUT, the Saddledome for what ...

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post

She was at the Team Canada Olympic camp at the 'dome yesterday and posted impressions today BTW. She doesn't think Phaneuf will make the cut.
                            I haven't looked at her blog but Phaneuf was on the outside looking in to start the camp (last year he struggled and I think team Canada management accepted that he was battling injuries and were/are willing to give him a chance) But this camp wasn't really the place for him (or Regehr) to shine. Both are hard-hitting guys at an orientation camp where a big hit would not have been appreciated. Phaneuf will be more judged on his play during the season. If he turns back into the guy from two years ago, he'll get serious consideration

But none of the Flames 3 dmen at this camp are in any way locks to make the team. hell my betting is that none of them are favored even--Babcock probably is leaning more to guys like Keith and Seabrook after seeing them be a very BIG part of defeating the Flames and canucks last year and played well against his Wings
                            Last edited by Flubber; August 28, 2009, 13:37.

Comment

In so far
                              Asher
                              mrboo123
                              Flubber
                              Kontiki
                              Guynemer
                              snoopy369
                              Sparrowhawk
                              notyoueither
                              joncha
                              Cavalcadeus

Penciled in
                              Leanne aka User Name to be Announced
                              Imran*

* Will play if even number needed

There is room for more.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Summary:

We are opting for a forum draft. Should start Sept 8th or 9th (Cavalcadeus is back on the 9th).

No significant rule changes from last year. Last years rules:
                                Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
                                Max Moves: No maximum
                                Max Trades: No maximum
                                Trade Reject Time: 1
                                Trade End Date: March 5, 2009
                                Waiver Time: 2 days
                                Can't Cut List Provider: None
                                Trade Review: Commissioner *
                                Post Draft Players: Free Agents
                                Max Acquisitions per Week: 5
                                Min Games Played: 3
                                Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
                                Start Scoring on: Week 1
                                Divisions: No
                                Playoff Seeding Options: Division winners awarded top playoff seeds
                                Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
                                Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Powerplay Goals (PPG), Powerplay Assists (PPA)
                                Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

* Commissioner trade review subject to the Flubber Rule: the commissioner can be over ruled by a majority of managers voting to do so.

Modest support for adding one bench spot. One opposed.

We have 10 to 12 managers. Still room for more.

For the draft we will use a smart BAPAY. BAPAY time 12 hours for first 10 rounds (?). 6 hours (?) for last 4 or 5 rounds. I've noticed other leagues have allowed players to leave their teams to straight BAPAY and their picks do not take 12 hours (should we do this in cases where a manager knows he/she will be gone for some time?)

Please express opinions on the BAPAY. Also, please make feelings on an extra bench spot known.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X