Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As for the cost, you're wrong. With up to 10 teams interested, no way does a Orton plus a 2nd-rounder get it done. Law of supply and demand.
    Denver traded a first and a third to get him. That should be your cap. I wouldn't trade more then that for a QB who has proven he can't win in the NFL, has a poor attitude and makes his team worse.

Plus, Cutler's cap number for this year is only a bit over $1million, and he's under contract through 2011. That has real value.
    Billy Volek can get you 4000 yards with a 2-1 INT/TD ratio, for about the same amount of cap. I don't think he's a good deal for the Bears, for anything more then Orton, and a 2nd rounder. More then that is overpaying.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon View Post
      Send her to collect, if Tom will give her a sample
      Attached Files
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Is her name Gisele?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Every once in awhile, Ben, I try to engage you in an actual discussion.

Then I get something like this...
          He would be a much better franchise QB then Cutler.
          I can assure you: Not one person in NFL player personnel, including the Chargers -- heck, not even Billy Volek's mother -- would agree with that statement.

Please don't compound your error by trying to cite statistics. I'm familiar with Volek's body of work. It's nice enough, but the guy is nearly 33, has 10 career starts, and hasn't started a game since 2005. The Titans traded him for a 6th-rounder. And when he was a free agent at SD, no one gave him a sniff. So he ended up in the role he thrives at: backing up a star.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I can assure you: Not one person in NFL player personnel, including the Chargers -- heck, not even Billy Volek's mother -- would agree with that statement.
            Fair point. I understand it's a radical way of looking at things, but you have to understand that the Chargers traded Brees, one of the best QBs in the game right now, just so they could keep Rivers. Saying that he's only fit as a backup is incorrect, when he could start for half the teams in the NFL and not miss a beat.

Please don't compound your error by trying to cite statistics. I'm familiar with Volek's body of work. It's nice enough, but the guy is nearly 33, has 10 career starts, and hasn't started a game since 2005. The Titans traded him for a 6th-rounder. And when he was a free agent at SD, no one gave him a sniff. So he ended up in the role he thrives at: backing up a star.
            Didn't I say back then that the Bears should make him an offer? Maybe you can explain something to me. What was the deal with him and Jeff Fisher? Why did Jeff Fisher dump him so suddenly in 2006? Fisher says that Volek lied, but there wasn't any doubt back in 2006 that Volek was a starting-quality QB.

Comment

• Ben, wasn't Brees a free agent?
              And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• Correct, 49er Boy. Brees signed with NO as a free agent.

San Diego lowballed him on a contract offer after drafting Rivers - a real slap in the face to Brees, who was drafted high (33rd overall iirc) and had developed into a 2-time Pro Bowler. They offered Brees big numbers but it was incentive-based via playing time; with a low base salary and bonus. One of the complications was that Brees had a shoulder injury, suffered in the last game of the year. When Brees balked (knowing that Rivers would be given a chance), SD made him their franchise player, which made him untradeable (no one would pony up 2 first-rounders).

So they used him another year and let him walk.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Ben, wasn't Brees a free agent?
                  One of the worst deals the Chargers ever made. I love Brees. He was an amazing QB for the Chargers, and we would have had a Superbowl in 2006 had we kept him on. Can you imagine the 14-2 team with a veteran QB, a healthy LT along with everything else?

I thought they were crazy to deal him, and I still think so now. Rivers is an excellent QB, but Brees is better.

Comment

• Receiver Isaac Bruce is postponing retirement for another season with the San Francisco 49ers.

Bruce, the second-leading receiver in NFL history with 14,944 yards, informed coach Mike Singletary on Wednesday of his decision to return for his 16th NFL season.

He missed the 49ers' minicamp last month while contemplating retirement, but his return is a major boost to a San Francisco offense that would have lacked a top receiver. Bruce led San Francisco with 61 catches for 835 yards and seven touchdowns last season, his first with the 49ers after 14 seasons with the Rams.

Bruce hit two major milestones during a late-season win over St. Louis, passing Tim Brown for the second-most receiving yards in league history and becoming the fifth player to catch 1,000 passes.

Lets hope he has a decent year
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• I find myself in agreement with this fellow at Yahoo! Sports:

Sweet merciful Jesus, I hope Chicago steers clear of this moron. Cutler is a quitter, a whiner and the epitome of unprofessional. A professional person would have talked things over with their boss instead of ignoring their calls and trumpeting their dissatisfaction to the world. Who else would keep their job if they did that? It's the Broncos right as the employ-ER to scope the market for whoever they wish, and and good employ-EE would go out and prove himself, not throw a temper tantrum worthy of a 4-yr old. Send him to the Packers. They have recent experience with whiny, self-centered QB's. Too bad the millions these guys make can't buy them common sense.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Here go now:

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                        X