Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's hilarious that Ben favors dumping Brady in NE while at the same time saying that SD should keep Tomlinson. Methinks his Charger bias (and Pats hatred) is showing just a little bit.
    Are you daring to suggest I might not have the best interests of the Patriots at hand?

Oh, and the Chargers franchise Darren Sproles. As much as I like the guy, I'm not sure that was the best move.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Seems like a lot of money for one year for an unproven RB. Undoubtedly he'll get paid less in a long term contract, but still...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• The trouble is in the Tomlinson negotiations. LT isn't going to want to be the lower paid running back, when he's taking the majority of the snaps, and has the vast majority of the production.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them knock the deal for Sproles down with a long-term front loaded contract after LT gets locked up, and after the Rivers, Gates and Merriman contracts.

Good thing the Chargers have about 20 million under the cap.

They've also got some overpaid wastes of space to get rid of too.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Ummmm, you're assuming they don't cut LT. It's fairly likely they will given that choice (franchising Sproles)...

Comment

• Ummmm, you're assuming they don't cut LT. It's fairly likely they will given that choice (franchising Sproles)...
            I have a 2004 Honda that says they won't cut LT. It ain't happening.

Comment

• Snoopy, you're jumping the gun. The Sproles franchise tag (which was non-exclusive type) is a holding action, to jack his price high enough to blunt the likelihood of any offers. Now any FA offer must meet the $6.6MM annual price tag (quite unlikely), and the Bolts get the option to match it or take 2 first-rounders as compensation.

This puts Sproles on hold while they deal with LT. Nothing more. Both LT and Smith said their talks would get serious after the combine, so stay tuned.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• In other news, Indy has decided what to do about Marvin Harrison's $13MM cap number in 2009:
                Colts release franchise receiving leader

The NFL Network reports the Indianapolis Colts have agreed to release WR Marvin Harrison, according to what Harrison's agent Tom Condon told The Associated Press.
                Reportedly, Marvin was not amenable to reworking his contract.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• 13 million smackeroos!

Comment

• That's the way his last contract was structured -- backloaded. It's kind of like getting a subprime/jumbo mortgage -- seems like a great deal at the time, but eventually you have to pay for the damned house. The Colts want to refinance, but the Bank of Marvin is closed. By refusing to renegotiate, Harrison has repossessed his talent and will now try to sell it on the open market.

Obviously, he figures his free agency has more value than whatever the Colts were going to ask him to settle for.

Comment

• He's getting old.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        I have a 2004 Honda that says they won't cut LT. It ain't happening.
                        I'm glad your car talks to you. You might want to talk to David Hasselhof about how to make it stop talking to you, I hear he has some experience with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          He's getting old.
                          I don't expect Marvin to get any high-priced offers. If he wants to keep playing, it will probably be back in Indy at a modest salary. His production was significantly down last year, and he's 36.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            That's the way his last contract was structured -- backloaded. It's kind of like getting a subprime/jumbo mortgage -- seems like a great deal at the time, but eventually you have to pay for the damned house. The Colts want to refinance, but the Bank of Marvin is closed. By refusing to renegotiate, Harrison has repossessed his talent and will now try to sell it on the open market.

Obviously, he figures his free agency has more value than whatever the Colts were going to ask him to settle for.
                            Does this mean the Lions are getting a bailout soon?
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• No, they're being nationalized. The players will be reused to create a new expansion team, the Washington Generals.
                              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Somehow I think Snyder won't approve.

Maybe they can be bailed out together with the automakers... make them the Detroit Gas Guzzlers

Comment

Working...
                                X