Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 07/08: VII Da da da, da da daa, da da da, da daa da daa

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting stats:

Top Clutch Scorers (Third Period or Overtime with the team either trailing by one, tied or winning by one):
    Jarome Iginla 10-6-16
    Evgeni Malkin 5-10-15
    Daniel Alfredsson 9-4-13
    Pavel Datsyuk 5-8-13
    Alexander Ovechkin 10-2-12
    Kristian Huselius 6-6-12
    Dany Heatley 5-7-12
    Vincent Lecavalier 4-8-12
    Joe Thornton 4-8-12
    Sidney Crosby 2-10-12
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Did they subtract out EN goals?
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

The Canucks continue to build momentum: 4 straight losses, and now Ohlund is potentially out for the season with "bone chips in his left knee".
        No word about Jordan Tootoo?

Oh well. Glad to hear the bearer of bad tidings congratulating the Canucks for pasting Nashville 6-2.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Thanks for helping the Hawks

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

No word about Jordan Tootoo?

Oh well. Glad to hear the bearer of bad tidings congratulating the Canucks for pasting Nashville 6-2.
            Everyone knows Tootoo is a goon, why bother discussing it?

And congratulations to the Canucks to beating Chris 'Brodeur" Mason and Dan "Luongo" Ellis...
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
              Did they subtract out EN goals?
              No idea.

Comment

You're welcome, but it really doesn't help the hawks.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Points Hawks out of playoffs if Vancouver wins: 4 of 8th, 6 of 7th
                  Points Hawks out of playoffs if Nashville wins: 6 of 8th, 8 of 7th

Sounds like it helped us to me

Comment

How do you figure?

If the Canucks had lost, Chicago would only have to pass Vancouver instead of Nashville.

Ah, you have to pass us both.

Funny, the Canucks are in 9th and 3 points out of 3rd, so it's crazy right now in our division.

Comment

place: team, points(games left)

7th place now: Colorado, 78 (14)
                      8th place now: Vancouver, 76 (15)
                      9th place now: Nashville, 76 (14)
                      11th place now: Chicago, 72 (15)

In the Nashville-winning altiverse:
                      7th place: Colorado, 78 (15)
                      8th place: Nashville, 78 (15)
                      9th place: Vancouver, 74 (16)
                      11th place: Chicago, 72 (16)

I got the 7th place part wrong, that's 6 points either way. I was confused.

The difference I suppose is that 2 games is easier to pick up than 3, even if it's against two teams. It's slightly harder to pick up against a team with one more game to play of course, but i'll still take 4 points to 6 any day. I look to Chicago winning, not to other teams losing

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

Sounds like it helped us to me
                        Generally

If chasing two teams that play each other (and you need to pass them both)-- you want the points leader of the two to lose

If you needed to only catch one, then obviously you would hope for the points leader of the two to win .

You just want to stay within as few points as possible to the team you need to catch

Its the same for teams being chased really-- All the teams looking back are happy to see Edmonton knock off Columbus tonight for instance ( but curse them for doing it in OT)

and Vancouver/Colorado etc would probably rather Calgary beat Nashville tonight so the points would be 81 and 76 rather than have them at 79 and 78-- They are a little more secure in a playoff spot with Nashville losing
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

and Vancouver/Colorado etc would probably rather Calgary beat Nashville tonight so the points would be 81 and 76 rather than have them at 79 and 78-- They are a little more secure in a playoff spot with Nashville losing
                          I'd rather Calgary lost.

These are my reasons. Vancouver has an easier time to catch Calgary then they have to catch Nashville. The target isn't Nashville, but one of the other teams in their own division, Colorado, Minnesota or Calgary.

Of the 8 spots, it is likely that 2 will be central teams, 2 pacific and 2 northwest, just because most of the games remaining are against interdivisional foes, and because there are no large gaps between the teams.

That leaves 2 spots still for playoff teams. As Nashville is the second team in the Central, that means the real rivals are Anaheim, Vancouver, Calgary, Minnesota and Colorado. Five teams fighting for 4 spots, one of which must be in the North west division. If Anaheim makes it, that means the four teams, Vancouver, Calgary, Minnesota and Colorado are fighting for three spots, third, 6th and 7th.
                          Last edited by Ben Kenobi; March 8, 2008, 17:07.

Comment

Dang, the second worst outcome

At least Calgary lost.

Comment

Kept pace with Minnie though.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                                Kept pace with Minnie though.

But even if the Flames had won, I would still be concerned about how their offence continues to look rather pathetic lately. In the last two games in particular they simply did not generate enough chances
                                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                                X