Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 07/08: VII Da da da, da da daa, da da da, da daa da daa

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody watching Was-Pitt? That 'goal' by Backstrom in the final minute was rather amusing... particularly Huet's and Ovechkin's reactions afterwards
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Details?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

:30 to go, Washington has been outplaying Pit all game except for a breakaway by Malkin/Crosby/Sykora and a just-after-PP goal by Crosby (in the 2nd at one point shots were 27-9 WAS). Score 2-2 as Fleury was playing very well, and WAS got tired in the 3rd. Pit gets one last try to score, and puts it on net; some bouncing around and such occurs.

Backstrom sees a puck that's fluttering around in front of Huet but in an inconvenient place; bats it back towards the back boards to get it out of the way.

Unfortunately, there was some nylon netting in between him and the back boards at that point...

Huet basically collapses and hits the ice with his fist, and Ovechkin does give or take the same thing from behind... i'm sure it'll be on YouTube at some point

Comment

They ended up crediting Crosby with the goal, i'm not sure if he was the guy who shot the puck on net such that Backstrom was trying to make it go away, or the guy who was competing with Backstrom for the puck.

Comment

Cool.

Also cool:
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

The great one

Comment

Awesome game in Chicago.

Old-time hockey, coach?
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

If only I could see it

Next year...

Comment

It was great as Chicago's and Edmonton's kids played end to end hockey, defence optional.

The refing was a bit weak and nearly wrecked it, but the players just kept on pouring it on (from both teams).

It was also a capacity crowd, and Philips (the Oilers play-by-play voice on radio) was commenting it was getting close to the atmosphere of the old rink. It is good to see the Hawks back from the doldrums. Now all they need is a goalie.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Heres Backstrom's awesome own-goal:

Crosby's quotes in the celebration are great, too.

Comment

See what I mean about Montreal's points coming from playing out east?

Comment

Har har har.

It was a pretty close game untill a 2 minute brain fart in the 3rd. Habs took way too many penalties though
                          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Re: AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 07/08: VII Da da da, da da daa, da da da, da daa da daa

Originally posted by notyoueither

Eric Nystrom is a god. His name will live forever, or at least as long as people watch Slap Shot.
                            The original from Slap Shot, for comparison:

Comment

It's playoff time, and my team has forgotten how to score goals
                              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Vancouver, Ottawa, or your Yahoo..they all work.

Comment

Working...
                                X