Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-0 to start the playoffs!

Comment

• MLB is insane to run games this late. 2:30am on the east coast? They don't even do that during the regular season.

Just insane.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• It's a normal game on the west coast

And who exactly on the east coast other than Jon is watching the game anyway...
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Exactly.. it's normal on the West Coast and both teams are Mountain time zone teams.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Somebody win this game

Comment

• uh oh, Gagme is pitching

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Exactly.. it's normal on the West Coast and both teams are Mountain time zone teams.
                I understand that. Don't get me wrong, I was happy to have a meaningful live sports event to watch while hanging at Ming's late Friday night. My point is that MLB can't be complaining about young kids playing soccer instead of baseball when they put the entire post-season on at night, and significant portions LATE at night. Even as I type this, it's approaching 1:30am on the east coast -- for a game in Boston!

Opting to ask 2/3 of the country's population to stay up after midnight to watch a game -- thus keeping the story off the evening news and, in most cases, the morning paper -- is marketing to confirmed fans at the expense of the youth.

MLB is pretty paranoid about losing the TV ratings to football, and it shows. But they should face it -- what's done is done. Hell, they can't even get their playoffs on a real sports network or (until tonight) free TV. I just think, from a long-term marketing perspective, it's not the smart choice.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Amazing barrage by the Indians in the 11th. Boston suddenly looks pretty mortal.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                    Amazing barrage by the Indians in the 11th. Boston suddenly looks pretty mortal.
                    Lopez almost never melts down like that, and Lester isn't a bullpen guy, so those are both flukes.

****ing Gagme, (one way or another, soon to be Gone-yay!) is inevitable. Why a roster spot has been made available for him is beyond me, but that smacks of Epstein or Lucchino "we couldn't have made the worst trade of the deadline" stubbornness.

Once I saw Gagme come in, I pretty much called it. Get the first guy out, implode and lose the next two. The only difference is the quick hook didn't stop the hemorrhage.

Both teams lost 66 games over the regular season, so both are plenty mortal if things go wrong.
                    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Still, Cleveland's got to be feeling good about getting out of Boston with a split. Makes Westbrook's upcoming start look a little less scary.

Comment

• Yeah. Then again, that blowout last night at the end has some shades of 19-8.
                        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• And of course, the BoSox fans blame Gagne, when it was Lopez and Lester who really ****ed things up .

Sure, Gagne had 1st and 2nd with 1 out... but that's not a position where a run is inevitable. Lopez just flat out SUCKED.

And I have no clue what the BoSox did to Gagne... he was dominant with Texas early this year (ERA+ of 215).
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Break out the brooms. I know we're just three years removed from a successful 0-3 comeback, but Arizona looks totally lost and Colorado has the look of a buzzsaw destroying everything in its path. Right now I'd say the AL's best hope in the Series is for the LCS to go seven, because a long break looks like about the only thing that can derail the Rockies' momentum.
                            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• AZ has announced they're not pitching Webb on short rest Monday, and are saving him for Game 5.

Weren't they paying attention to how stupid Piniella sounded when he said he pulled Zambrano to keep him fresh for game 4 -- the game that never came?

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                And of course, the BoSox fans blame Gagne, when it was Lopez and Lester who really ****ed things up .

Sure, Gagne had 1st and 2nd with 1 out... but that's not a position where a run is inevitable. Lopez just flat out SUCKED.

And I have no clue what the BoSox did to Gagne... he was dominant with Texas early this year (ERA+ of 215).
                                Expectations on Lopez are way lower, he's allowed to have a bad day.

Gagne otoh came to strengthen the bullpen and failed miserably.

Before last night he pitched in game 3 against the Angels (Boston had a 9-0 lead) and left with the bases loaded surrendering a run.

Game 1 against the Tribe? He was brought in with a 13-3 lead; no runs scored against him but he managed to give up two hits and a walk.

Not exactly the lights out pitcher he's supposed to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X