MLB 2007 - World Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowwHand

With 3-1 a batter would kind of expect a ball over the plate.
    Considering he'd just walked 3 batters in A ROW, you could expect the pitcher was having ball control issues.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Go Rockies!!!

Comment

• lol, Trip sighting
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• And Boston sweeps the Angels. Cleveland scores in the first as Clemens looks a bit shaky.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• And Trot Nixon (for Cleveland this time ) sends it yard against Roger... 2-0 Indians!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Damn Yankees...

5-3 Yanks... Westbrook getting lit.

Comment

• Looks like the Indians can't do anything against Hughes. Clemens getting hurt may be the best thing that happened to the Yanks in this game.

Comment

• Indeed it was. Hughes should have started the game anyway. Thankfully, they won anyway.

Tonight is apparently going to be Wang (3 days rest) v. Byrd. Mussina will be backup for Wang.

There is much speculation that Wedge will change his mind and start Sabathia on 3 days rest. I probably would. Byrd's stats vs. the Yankees are hideous. If he sticks with Byrd, in theory all Wang needs to do is be decent. In theory.

If the Yankees get this to game 5 and if the Indians don't use CC tonight... do they start him or Carmona against Pettitte? That's an embarrassment of riches. Ah, the days when the Yankees had multiple front-line starters.

STILL ALIVE! FIGHT, DAMN YOU! FIGHT!!!

Game 2: that may have been the most painful loss I've seen since game 7, 2001 (or perhaps game 7, 2004 ALCS). Absolutely brutal. The bugs, annoying as I'm sure they were, are not to blame. Carmona pitched through it. Chamberlain & Posada didn't deal with it as well (wild pitch, yes, but Posada needs to block it). It was crazy, and *I* sure would've been unable to deal with it, but that is one of the hundreds of reasons I'm not on that field. Oh well, Andy Pettitte came up huge, and the team pissed it away.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• I think the issue is that CC is horrible on three days rest, if I remember correctly. Starting him is just not a good idea - getting a poor performance in game 4 isn't going to help anyone, while having a chance in game 4 and then a solid start game 5 will be much better (if needed). And, that way if you win game 4, you can start CC in game 1 of the ALCS with no problem (or is it friday and normal rest anyway?).

Comment

• Ok, if he has a history of sucking on 3 days rest, it makes sense to start Byrd, particularly since CC threw 115 pitches in game 1.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• He's only pitched once on 3 days' rest, so not so much a history as a lack of history. Either way though 114 pitches is a lot, and probably not a good idea to start so soon after.

Comment

• Yeah, I saw that he's done it (once, in 2001, and he threw 5 innings of 1-hit ball). It's gotta be about the 114 high-stress pitches he threw in game 1.

The Indians probably think they will get to Wang, who was horrible in game 1 and will now be on short rest. They may well be correct in that. If Byrd can manage to be decent for a few innings, they can extend their bullpen for 4-5 innings if need be, and very well could win that way. Then there is no need for game 5, and they've got CC and Carmona for games 1 & 2 of the ALCS. Setting my Yankee fandom aside for a moment... wow. Sabathia-Beckett, Carmona-Matsuzaka. Those would be some great matchups.

But enough of THAT crap! LET'S GO YANKEES!

-Arrian

Comment

• I think part of it is that he's been awesome on long rest (6 days) so the assumption is the rest helps 6 years older is also harder on the arm to throw in short rest.

I think they should (and may) pull a D'Backs in game 5 if it goes that long; Carmona gets the start and Sabathia comes in for relief if Carmona gets hit. Imagine the two of them pitching four or five innings apiece...

Comment

• Well yeah. If the Yanks get to game 5 they're probably screwed for that very reason.

-Arrian

Comment

• Now, get the Red Sox out of there!!!!!!

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X