No announcement yet.

MLB 2007 - World Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page 2 writers Jim Caple and Eric Neel have one wish for the baseball playoffs: that the Cubs don't win.

Pure genius

Oh, and not to worry for you cubs fans if you lose tonight. Your real ace isn't pitching tonight anyway
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Okay, i was just watching on gamecast (so just play by play)... how the heck to you reach on an infield single with the bases loaded and two outs ???

(And not running I would think since <2 strikes)

Comment

• High bouncer between 3rd and short, over the leaping 3rd baseman and smothered by the SS deep in the hole. No play.

2 outs; run on contact.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Ahh, okay. I wouldn't play my SS that deep in the hole (especially stephen drew), but I guess they were figuring to play for 1 run not 2.

Comment

• He wasn't deep in the hole -- he had to sprint there to keep the ball in the infield.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
              Oh, and not to worry for you cubs fans if you lose tonight. Your real ace isn't pitching tonight anyway
              Since we did lose...

The pitching matchup tonight does favor the Cubs.
              However, last night, Zambrano pitched very good as well. It was the bullpen that gave up the two key runs.

The folks on ESPN are trashing Lou for removing him after only 85 pitches (Lou had said before the game that he was on a max 100 pitch count) They must not have been watching the Cubs all year. One of the strengths of the team this year has been the bullpen.
              I had no problem with his decision to remove him. This was one of those cases where the relievers just didn't do their jobs.

I blame the lack of offense for last nights loss. Granted, they faced a great pitching performance, but they had a runner in scoring position multiple times with no outs, and couldn't convert. I'm not going to blame Lou's decision to remove Zambrano as the cause of the loss.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I think Brandon Webb is just really, really good ...

Comment

• There's no upside to keeping Z in the game if you don't give him some support.
                  No offense = no victory.

At least Lou has a plan, and the courage to carry it out. That's more than I can say for a lot of other managers.

Comment

• Really nice win for the BoSox last night. CG shutouts are sweet.

Very tough matchup for the Yanks tonight. Sabathia is the Cy Young (to me) and death to lefties and the Indian 'pen is too (aside from being just generally competant). Wang often struggles on the road.

I won't be at all surprised if they lose this game. Oddly enough, in recent history every time they lose game 1, they win the series. I will probably have to cling to that while watching tonight.

All that said, a good PA here, a friendly bounce there and good pitching from WangJobaMo might do the trick.

LET'S GO YANKEES!

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Sabathia

Yay Indans-Angels ALCS

Wouldn't an Indians-Rockies WS be great... or, if we go with the last two years' trend, Indians-Cubs

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                        Wouldn't an Indians-Rockies WS be great...
                        That's the match up that TV fears the most. They would much prefer any of the other three AL teams over Cleveland. In the national league, they are praying for the Cubs or Phillies.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Actually, AZ-Indians might be worse - it's on an hour later while in AZ, and not much more home fan support from what I recall. If AZ and Rockies win their series, MLB is in for a tough ratings WS almost whomever comes out of the AL ...

Comment

• Boston or New York alone are enough to drive ratings.

As far as Denver vs Phoenix... Most people forget that Phoenix is the 5th largest city (2006 data)
                            Denver is 26th and Cleveland is 40th.
                            Granted, Im sure the Denver and Cleveland franchises have more fan support... but they are much smaller markets than Phoenix.
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• I see the Phillies-Rockies got stuck with afternoon games the first 2 days. Heaven forbid the Bosox or Yanks be anywhere but prime time!

Comment

• Colorado showing Philly how baseball is played
                                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Working...
                                X