No announcement yet.

MLB 2007 - World Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Manuel managing like he has no brain (still).
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• I like the way one of my coworkers put it: Uncle Chuck doesn't want people to think he's an idiot, so he makes too many moves in-game, thus appearing to be an idiot.

Sum total: He's an idiot.

I almost wish the Mets were there. How pathetic. Jose Mesa proved he can't pitch years ago. Why use him now? And Clay Condrey? There's a ballpark in Reading PA where he *might* be qualified to pitch.

Comment

• God it must suck to be a cubs fan...
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
          Boston or New York alone are enough to drive ratings.

As far as Denver vs Phoenix... Most people forget that Phoenix is the 5th largest city (2006 data)
          Denver is 26th and Cleveland is 40th.
          Granted, Im sure the Denver and Cleveland franchises have more fan support... but they are much smaller markets than Phoenix.
          Most of the Phoenix folk are fans of other teams, though. Look at how many cubs fans are at the Diamondbacks game... heavily retirees who have their own rooting interests

Comment

• But... remove those other teams from the picture, and we are still talking a major market vs a second tier market.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Cubs getting their butts handed to them. Dbacks pitching has been excellent. Cubs hitters are overanxious, lunging at offspeed stuff.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yeah... for a team that is not supposed to be able to hit, the Dbacks look pretty good.

Oh well, hope springs eternal.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Well that wasn't much fun.

Wang had nothing. Torre failed to recognize this before it was far too late.

The Yankee offense did some good things against Sabathia, but there were two game-changing ABs that didn't work out (both Jorge Posada ABs).

The loss sucks, of course. What irritates me on top of that is that, down by 8 friggin' runs, Torre brings in Phil Hughes. This is a true WTF!? move. Phil Hughes should not be the mop-up man. He should be the long relief guy if a starter clearly doesn't have it (in other words, if he was to pitch in the game, he should have started the 5th inning). Now I'm not sure he will be available to shadow Roger in game 3. Torre may have really ****ed the Yankees there.

Ok, Andy. Time to come up big.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
                    Boston or New York alone are enough to drive ratings.

As far as Denver vs Phoenix... Most people forget that Phoenix is the 5th largest city (2006 data)
                    Denver is 26th and Cleveland is 40th.
                    Granted, Im sure the Denver and Cleveland franchises have more fan support... but they are much smaller markets than Phoenix.
                    Wow, I can't believe Phoenix has grown that much. Damn.

Though in terms of metro area it is 13th.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
                      Well that wasn't much fun.

Wang had nothing. Torre failed to recognize this before it was far too late.

The Yankee offense did some good things against Sabathia, but there were two game-changing ABs that didn't work out (both Jorge Posada ABs).

The loss sucks, of course. What irritates me on top of that is that, down by 8 friggin' runs, Torre brings in Phil Hughes. This is a true WTF!? move. Phil Hughes should not be the mop-up man. He should be the long relief guy if a starter clearly doesn't have it (in other words, if he was to pitch in the game, he should have started the 5th inning). Now I'm not sure he will be available to shadow Roger in game 3. Torre may have really ****ed the Yankees there.

Ok, Andy. Time to come up big.

-Arrian
                      I agree, that was one of the dumbest moves I've seen, but man, I was glad for it. A joy of a game to watch, but it's only one game.
                      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• NEWSFLASH!!!

***Dateline 10/05/2007 Philadelphia (nowhere near where Speer lives, don't worry)

I hate the Yankees.

Comment

• Wow... so one of the big reasons the Yanks lost tonight is because a swarm of bugs descended on the field and Joba lost his concentration?

God really does hate the Yankees .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Well, he certainly wouldn't have thrown the two wild pitches that were the difference in the game without bugs there.

Or more importantly, time to get all sprayed up and protected. Which the Indians had, and the Yankees didn't.

I blame the umps more than the bugs - the umps should have suspended the game until both teams were prepped to deal with the bugs.
                            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Whiners

In my day we had to deal with bears on the mound, and antelope in the outfield. The antelope made running for a fly ball and diving without paying attention to where you were going REALLY interesting.

Comment

• Yankees

RED SOX!!!
                                MAN RAM!
                                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Working...
                                X