X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arrian

I think it's fine. I've no problem with sticking with the AL,
    -Arrian
    I agree. I would generally root for the team that beat mine.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
      I agree. I would generally root for the team that beat mine.
      So, if you are a Rangers fan, do you root for everyone else?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Now that's just harsh.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• My wife, in the 1st inning:

"Who is this Francis guy? Is he supposed to be good?"

Me: "He's their ace. Yeah, he's pretty good. Why? Are they pounding him?"

Her: "2-0, no, 3-0..."

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• My wife in the 1st inning:
            Gee, Colorado looks rusty...

Me: Well, they haven't played in over a week

Her: Football players don't look rusty and they only play once a week.

Me: Never mind.

Hopefully Colorado will wake up and make this more interesting.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• My wife in the first inning:

Her: Bionic Woman is on at nine. You'll have to watch downstairs.

Me: Hmph.
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• My GF in the fourth inning (when we got home from dinner:

Her: "What is that?"
                Me: "Baseball, the World Series. Want to watch?"

Her: "I think i'm getting sick ..."

(Really... )
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Well, the series moves to Colorado now. Let's hope it wakes the Rockies bats up. We could use a little excitement in this series.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I think it's over. The Rockies' magic momentum was dissipated over the 9-day break, while Boston got on a roll. Now, as we get to the lower half of the Colorado rotation, I expect the Boston lineup to keep pounding the ball. I think we're going to see a lot of hitting in Coors Field.

Maybe Colorado can sneak in a win, but this series is not going back to Boston.

Oh well, at least we won't have baseball in November...
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The Rockies should have played some exhibitions in the meantime to keep the rust off .
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• *sigh* Long breaks before the World Series, how I loathe them...
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Rust, schmust.

All streaks end. Any time you get one team sweeping their series and the next round opponent going to seven games, you get days off.

The Rockies streak, like any other after a certain point, had a lot of luck helping it along - everyone getting hot at the right time, other teams making mistakes.

The Rockies haven't hit well in the playoffs, but their opponents have lied down and died, at least until they came to Fenway.

Gee, working pitch counts and disciplined hitting instead of swinging at anything near the zone or watching one go fat up the middle... Whoda thunkit?

Shades of '04. The Sox went into the series with the kind of momentum that counts - the kind you get from winning back to back to back elimination games.

Maybe the Sox are just the better team?

But at least the Rockies' bandwagon will have the break between series to explain how the coach turned back into a pumpkin.
                          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• In this case, it's no so much rust as it is ice...
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Feeling kind of sorry for the Rockies. They're just overmatched.

Comment

• Overmatched, yeah, but I don't feel sorry for them.

They're a young franchise, with some good vets and some good young players, and they had a great run. Winning the NL pennant ain't a bad way to end a season.

Streak and all, it was just unrealistic to consider this team a match for the Sox, but the Rockies had a great run.

Comment

Working...
                                X