No announcement yet.

MLB 2007 - World Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expectations being higher are one thing, but going off on a pitcher who allowed two baserunners and one out, while the guy who came in after him and got lit up is left off the hook is quite another.

It's almost like the A-Rod phenomenon. Jeter can do just as badly, but all you'll hear is how A-Rod cost them the series. I expect Gagne to get blamed if the BoSox go down.

And like I said, I don't know what y'all did to him. He was dominating with Texas.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I tell you, it's Rockies-Indians all the way
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• HAW HAW!! The Reds hired Dusty Baker as their manager! Prepare to continue sucking!!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• It's nice to know there's one less threat in the Central for the next 3 years...
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• You considered the Reds a threat???? What are you, a Cubs fan or something
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• All I know is that I'm not drafting Homer Bailey in my fantasy leagues in the next few years .

Comment

• Dusty Baker was given another managing job. That's amazing to me. The man has demonstrated he simply does not understand how baseball teams score runs. Not to mention running pitchers into the ground.

And the Reds? A team that plays in a stadium that screams "bring me your patient and powerful hitters (who tend to strike out a lot)" ? WTF?

-Arrian

p.s. Well, at least he can't be hired by the Yankees! What a horror show that would be... giving that man control of Hughes, Chamberlain and Kennedy. :shudder:
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Expectations being higher are one thing, but going off on a pitcher who allowed two baserunners and one out, while the guy who came in after him and got lit up is left off the hook is quite another.

It's almost like the A-Rod phenomenon. Jeter can do just as badly, but all you'll hear is how A-Rod cost them the series. I expect Gagne to get blamed if the BoSox go down.

And like I said, I don't know what y'all did to him. He was dominating with Texas.
                  Lopez has been useful throughout the year and generally gotten the job done.

Gagme is the only reason there was ever any real MFY comeback yammering in the press - he gave away 5 games since coming over. Take Gagme out of the picture (especially if you have Gabbard and Murphy available), and the MFY never get close and the Sox win 100+.

In game 1, he got the job done, but only because he was pitched within the Gagme line - a lead of at least two runs for every out remaining.

One way or another, I'm counting the days until he becomes Gone?-YAY!!! Hopefully the Sox will retire #83 right arount Halloween, so we'll never again be reminded of "The Nightmare on Lansdowne Street."
                  When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
                    Dusty Baker was given another managing job. That's amazing to me. The man has demonstrated he simply does not understand how baseball teams score runs. Not to mention running pitchers into the ground.
                    Baker's been ruining pitchers ever since he turned Steve Howe onto coke.
                    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Yeah, I think Harang's draft position just dropped precipitously.

And Neifi Perez has a place where he can go to hit .212 with impunity.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Lofton

Indians up 2-1 on the BoSox.

Comment

• Colorado
                          CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                          Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                          Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                          Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• 21 wins in their last 22 games

Wow... what a streak.

Comment

• That is insane. I guess the Rockies are this years' unstoppable force (the 2002 Angels spring to mind).

Go Indians!

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Go Tribe
                                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                                X